ad: wmr-1

Battleship Iowa Honors Our Veterans - NI6BB - 11/11/14

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by W6HB, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W6HB

W6HB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The Battleship Iowa Amateur Radio Association's NI6BB will honor our veterans on Veterans's Day from the Iowa's communications center from 1700 UTC to 2400 UTC on November 11th.

SSB/J3E around 28361, 24961, 21361, 18161, 14261 or 7261 KHz depending on propagation and band activity.

CW/A1A around 28061, 24896, 21061, 18071, 14061 or 7061 KHz depending on propagation and band activity.

QSL per info on NI6BB's QRZ.com posting.

Contact Doug at w6hb@arrl.net or info@biara.org for more info.....

2. KH6CT

KH6CT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for letting us know of Iowa's being on the air on the 11th. I'll be there with all of you.

Was onboard the ship in Norfolk. Attended a reenlistment there under the forward big guns. Awesome !!

All the best... Aloha and Mahalo for all you do!!
    73, Steve, KH6CT / W4

3. K9CIB

K9CIB Ham Member QRZ Page

OUTSTANDING & greatly appreciated !! VICTORY AT SEA ! AND "WELCOME HOME OUR U S MARINES !!! "SEMPER FI" ! REALLY SWELL TO WORK NI6BB ON BOARD USS IOWA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE OWN THE SEAS !! SGT JW - NAM 68-9 CIB BRONZE STAR AIR MEDAL ACM ETC. AND IN HONOR OF MY LATE FATHER SGTMAJ Ret 7TH INF ATTACHED GEN PATTONS 3RD DIV. "OUR U S NAVY WERE ALREADY THERE" "THIS WE WILL DEFEND 1775" AND "SEMPER FI" OUR U S M C ANNIVERSARY 10Nov 1775.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  4. VK4VIL

VK4VIL Ham Member QRZ Page

Will try to contact you from Australia to recognize the long term alliance. This is your day. Enjoy and be proud of your Country's achievements to promote freedom.

Good on you mate!

Les VK4VIL

5. NM9K

NM9K Ham Member QRZ Page

Would love to work Iowa. It's the only of the Iowa-class I've not actually seen in person!

6. NM9K

NM9K Ham Member QRZ Page

Been checking for you guys today and hope I don't end up missing you. I just got my new radio and antenna on the air and hoping to catch you.

7. NM9K

NM9K Ham Member QRZ Page

Got you on 17m on my ladder line fed doublet and looking forward to working you on the other bands today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.