ad: CQMM-1

Special Event Station Response

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by AE7VA, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. AE7VA

AE7VA Ham Member QRZ Page

To NO4DB, thanks for sending your nasty and disrespectful note about our U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary 75th Anniversary special event station. If you don't like and agree with 1X1 call signs, send your comments to the FCC. It's too bad you didn't like the fact that we spent time talking to the scouts for their JOTA; it was part of our mission to do so to help support them in getting youth interested in the hobby. The future of our country is our youth. A special event station is all about having fun. It isn't a contest and so we took the time to talk to other hams and get to know some of them. Additionally, we had visitors who are not amateur radio operators and it was an opportunity for them to hear some exchanges other than 59 and state. Next time, please keep your comments to yourself. 73s from N7Z.

2. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow! Don't know what precipitated that response so looked him up on QRZ ....

RANT TIME !!!

Self-explanatory?

3. AA9G

AA9G Ham Member QRZ Page

Bitter old hams are the bane of this endeavor called Amateur Radio. Should def just stfu and go about his own business.

4. AI0K

AI0K Ham Member QRZ Page

With so many things to rant about, why does he even own a radio? Maybe he should take up bingo instead.

5. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, it's a mystery...

Bingo seems about right. Radio certainly is not making him happy, judging from the content of the QRZ look up.

73 Gary

6. KK4OQF

KK4OQF Ham Member QRZ Page

Amen to your response. I am a newcomer to amateur radio. To read that QRZ page says it all. I have worked many special event stations in the past year and a half and appreciated all the QSOs. So many ops donating their time to introduce amateur radio to youth and others of all ages. I often wonder how many potential hams get turned away at the door by some of these selfless operators. Keep up the good work and as my elmer and brother has told me more than once, there will be many times you just have to "hold your nose" ! All the best...73 ....TomT

7. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Presumably it's just frustration from his failure to become a space cadet.

8. K4ISR

K4ISR Ham Member QRZ Page

I had to lookup that originally mentioned call sign here.... just WOW!

I understand some people are never happy, I understand some hams are just bitter old guys who refuse to accept that a newer younger generation like me (in my mid 30s) and younger are starting to speak up and eventually take over. I get my call sign in the next few days and already met a few like that. It doesn't discourage me from the hobby, it just encourages me to ignore and avoid them specifically.

As they say, move along, nothing to see here.

9. K5GHS

K5GHS Ham Member QRZ Page

Must have been on his ragchew frequency? I encountered one of those guys this weekend myself. Asked if the frequency was in use 3 times, was chatting with a ham locally only using 5W on 20, and suddenly this guy from back east comes booming in saying the frequency was in use after we'd been talking for about 5 minutes. We both ID'd and vanished. Listened for 10 minutes. Nothing, of course :)

10. W2VW

W2VW Ham Member QRZ Page

Folks, please take it easy on some of the older guys. Way back when, undeveloped people were brow beaten and ridiculed until they buckled down.

Many still hover in the radio world. Some accomplish and some pretend. Part of being a pretender is to lure other pretenders into bashing the inexperienced.

Enjoy the radio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.