ad: cq2k-1

K4JCJ Silent Key

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K4JCJ, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K4JCJ

K4JCJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I am posting this for my wonderful soulmate and husband, K4JCJ of West Palm Beach, FL. Joe passed away from Lung Cancer on 10/3/2014. He was at home with me and will be sorely missed by all his radio friends.

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Condolences.

Joseph A. Carames, Jr, K4JCJ SK

SK October 3, 2014

Joseph A. Carames, Jr., "Joe", 64, passed away on Friday, October 3, 2014 at his home in The Acreage, West Palm Beach, FL after a nearly yearlong battle with lung cancer.

Born on May 23, 1950 at St. Mary's Hospital to Joseph, Sr. and Loretta Carames, Joe grew up mostly in West Palm Beach attending Palm Beach Central High School. As a teenager, Joe played bass guitar in many rock bands in the 70's. He was also a backup musician at Criteria Studios in Miami. Many stories Joe told over the years were of life with the bands and playing music. It brought him much happiness.
    Joe was a truck driver for many years until retirement in 2011. As a trucker Joe loved his CB radios. He was known in the CB community as JHOOKER. He and other local CB'ers could be heard on the radio day and night.

He was proud of getting his ham radio operator license and his "handle" K4JCJ. Joe talked on the ham radio throughout the world.
    He met his wife Sue "LilRed" on the radio in 1987. Within five months of meeting they were married. Friday, October 10, 2014 would have been their 27th wedding anniversary. Theirs is a love that won't be broken by death.
    Joe is survived by his wife Sue and four wonderful children, Margaret (Mark) Stone, of Trenton, GA, Christina Gonzalez of Belleville, NJ and Clyde Carames of Lake Worth and step-daughter Jessica (David) Reichmuth of Barnhart, MO.
    He was predeceased by a step-son Joshua (Misty) Alaniz of Kingman, AZ in October 2013.
    He also leaves behind his brother Danny Carames of Okeechobee, ten grandchildren; and his in-laws, Edward and Evelyn Phillips of Topeka, KS and numerous nephews and nieces.
    He was preceded in death by his parents, brother Clyde and just recently by his sister Margaret Carames Santos of Port St. Lucie.
    Joe is also survived by six other children, the four legged, meowing kind.

A Celebration of Joe's Life will be held at his home on October 18, 2014 at 1:00 PM.

To express condolences and/or make donations: Visit PalmBeachPost.com/obituaries
    Published in The Palm Beach Post from Oct. 12 to Oct. 13, 2014 -
    See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pa...-a-carames&pid=172781213#sthash.hrV3oLib.dpuf

73 K2HAT Lee Hatfield Jr

3. N1XDS

N1XDS Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Am sorry about your loss of your husband I updated his callsign information to Silent Key.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.