ad: Sussex-1

Final Weekly Winner in the QRZ Anniversary Sweepstakes

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KF7WIS, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The final weekly winner in QRZ's Anniversary Sweepstakes will be receiving a $20 Gigaparts Giftcard, a One Year Premium subscription to QRZ and a free, customized T-Shirt from HamShirts.com. This week our winner hails from 6 land: David Beiermann, KB6VAN from Garden Grove, CA. Because we noticed that your biography page could use some work, our Senior Page Designer, Vlad will also be offering to spruce it up, with a complimentary design!

Congratulations to this week's winner and a big thanks to all of you who have entered the contest so far! Don't forget that you can continue to enter the contest once per day at the Sweepstakes page to win the unmistakable TS-990s! If you haven't entered yet, you've still got time! The drawing is on November 2nd! You can check in on the QRZ News Forum and on the QRZ.com Facebook Page to stay up to date on any news regarding the sweepstakes. You can also follow us on Twitter @QRZ. Until next time, Good luck and 73 from the entire QRZ.com team!

2. N7IQV

N7IQV Ham Member QRZ Page

Not to be a complainer, but the entry page for the contest says the drawing for the TS-990s will be on November FIRST, not the SECOND. Just want to be sure that folks don't miss out on that last day of entries. Now, if someone enters on 1 November and wins......
    John/N7IQV

3. W5LMM

W5LMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Aftger looking at his QRZ page, I see he's an Aluminum Farmer, and I am Soooooooo Curious about the weird loop/beam antenna!! Tell us more!

4. WW7F

WW7F Guest

Congratuations to the weekly winner.
    I hope I will be woken up from a dream I won the rig to the reality that I did really win it:)
    But not up to me,up to the fates and of course how and whom is selected to win.
    I feel it would be something that would keep me interested in radio enough it would be powered up on the air a LOT!:)
    Still hope, just gotta keep entering and hoping until the contest is over.
    Prove me wrong, that my luck is good not lousy any more. The 21st century has been very unkind to my family so far, lost my dad and now caring for sibling so I have a lot of time to spare sometimes.
    This would most definitely cheer me up to win.
    Anyway, life is too short to fret over something if I do not win,if I do, that would make my day:) Never owned a new rig before, be nice to have that new rig aroma in the house for a while:)
    Good Luck to All, I think I am changing my last name to All so when I say good luck to all it will be wishing myself luck eh?:)
    But I hope I have enough brownie points to be eligible to win this fine rig, Thanks to Bob W4PG for donating it and QRZ for having a drawing for a top end rig like this one:)
    73,to all,Sincerely,Michelle.

5. N1XDS

N1XDS Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Congrats to the winner!

6. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Dave is a really good guy, and a fellow member of the Catalina Amateur Repeater Assn. I bought my Astron RS35M from him a few years ago. Congrats, Dave.

Bill

7. W5LMM

W5LMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

WOW!!!!!! THey really DID dress up his page!! Great job!
    BUT I really want to know more about that weird "looped beam" he has in the picture.

8. KD8HLY

KD8HLY Ham Member QRZ Page

It also says on the entry page that,,entries can be posted up to 12:00pm on Oct31 ! Entries can not be made on Nov.1st.

9. UA6JD

UA6JD Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It is David's new QRZ page

[​IMG]

10. KF5GTX

KF5GTX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Whomever wins the TS-990 will have to claim its value on their taxes, since it is a $7000+ radio.

11. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations David !!!!!

12. KD8ZMN

KD8ZMN Ham Member QRZ Page

A TS-990 for the price of tax, not a bad deal (if you have the money to pay the tax).

13. AC2RE

AC2RE Ham Member QRZ Page

It would be 25% of the value in tax to the feds and more if you live in a taxable state.................

14. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

For you folks who are crying "poor me" about taxes, you can always refuse it.

Bill

15. ZS4N

ZS4N Ham Member QRZ Page

Do international entries for this radio count? RE South Africa?

Regards

Nico ZS4N

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.