ad: M2Ant-1

HamRadioNow: Digital Amateur Television from the DCC

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K4AAQ, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K4AAQ

K4AAQ Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]
    HAMRADIONOW.tv

from the 2014 ARRL & TAPR DCC
    Episode 168:
    DATV-Express Exciter Update
    Episode 169: DVB-T for Amateur Radio<big><big><small><small><small></small></small></small></big></big>

Most of the world
    has switched to digital for television broadcasting. Amateur Radio in the US is not required to use digital (plain old analog's still fine by the FCC for us), but hams have discovered some (of the usual) advantages to digital, like being noise-free, and being able to adjust the bandwidth/spectrum used.

Here are a pair of talks from the DCC. First, in Episode 168, Ken Konechy W6HHC reviews progress on a digital ATV exciter board and software that a group of hams is working on called DATV-Express. The board is just becoming available. It's open-source and software-defined. While it will run many modes, Ken's group has focused on DVB-S, the "Satellite" version of the DVB standard.

Then in Episode 169, Mel Whitten K0PFX reviews how easy it was to get on DATV using off-the-shelf equipment and the DVB-T (Terrestrial) version of DVB. This is a somewhat less technical, 'introductory' talk, so I'll put the video for that one here, and if you want to dig deeper into the DATV-Express, just go to the
    HamRadioNow web site for Episode 168.

Here's Episode 169: DVB-T for Amateur Radio

[video=youtube;FanRhQ5J_0I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FanRhQ5J_0I&list=UUxqXFK9ETC5CWEdDD-_HpqA[/video]

Watch all our programs on our web page:
    HAMRADIONOW
    .tv

HamRadioNow is supported by viewer contributions
    If you enjoy the programs, visit www.HamRadioNow.tv and "click the pig"

[​IMG]

THANK YOU to all our contributors!

2. KC9UDA

KC9UDA Ham Member QRZ Page

Yawn I felled a sleep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.