ad: Schulman-1

More Log4OM Development News

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4POP, Oct 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. G4POP

G4POP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The free logging software Log4om Version 1.19 now includes support for the K1EL Winkeyer, all versions including the latest Winkeyer Version 3.00 and above.

Support for the ever popular K1EL Winkeyer was top of the Log4OM users requests and will be welcomed by everyone that uses Steve K1EL’s excellent devices.

Facility to save and load any number of user defined macros for Winkeyer

Direct logging from the Winkeyer control window with full contest logging support is provides and in the coming weeks extra features will be added.

The program can be downloaded free from:

http://www.pisto.it/wordpress/log4om-en/

English and French user guides can now be downloaded when using the Log4om installer or directly from the link above.

Fifteen YouTube Log4om tutorial videos are available at:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Ppcj4Eb4-7QyavI-azOug

Other Log4OM enhancements include:

· New cluster spot lookup without QSY
    · Added French version of user manual
    · Automatic user manual download during install
    · Option to install Omnirig during Log4om installation
    · SOTA Summit list automatic download added
    · Added an option to ignore CAT updates from rig for manual data entry
    · New Import and export of user awards from/to XML files
    · Lock QSL Message text function added
    · Added SAVE AS button to File menu to create a copy of SQLite database
    · New QSO DATE/TIME update implemented with +/- time edit to QSO Archive Manager

73 Terry G4POP
    Log4OM Development Team

2. G4POP

BTW I forgot to mention that the free logging software Log4om has included automatic upload to the QRZ logbook since version 1.18 :)

73 Terry G4POP
    Log4om Development Team

Free logging for all Hams!

3. W3ATT

W3ATT Ham Member QRZ Page

Love the WinKeyer integration. You can type cw directly from the logging software, and log your contest qso's. If you're not using Log4OM, you need to look at it. Couldn't ask for Anything more from free software.. This software is so simple and easy to use - and looks better than anything out there. Thanks Terry!

4. K7WFM

K7WFM Ham Member QRZ Page

Great logging program.
    Is there an instructional link with the steps required to update to the current version from an older version(1.11.4.0)?

5. G4POP

Hi Warren,
    No but it's a good idea, I will make a YouTube video when I have time!

Meanwhile it's quiet easy just do the following:

1. Make a backup of your logbook, this is probably not going to be needed but best to be safe

2. Because your version is such an old one go into the options and click the save config button, this will save all of your settings to a PDF file just in case of hiccups.

3. Now uninstall Log4om by using the uninstaller provide or from the control panel of Windows

4. Download version 1.19 and install it.

In the unlikely event that you have a problem please contact me by email and I will help to sort your problem out, my email can be found on QRZ.com or HamQTH

there are many changes since version 1.11.4 which I am sure you will be delighted with

best 73

Terry G4POP
    Log4om Development Team

6. N6JRZ

N6JRZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Terry,

Is there any way to have this software tie in with the cluster on qrzcq.com? I utilize that cluster exclusively and would be a great addition for it to interface with it. I can not utilize Log4OM unless I have HRD which I do not. Am I missing something to make your software work? Tnx in advanced and tnx for a great program!!

Best 73's

7. K7WFM

K7WFM Ham Member QRZ Page

HI Terry!

The new version loaded without a hitch following your instructions.

Thanks again for the excellent application.

Warren

8. G4POP

The cluster on QRZ.com is actually the DXWatch cluster and you need to be a member of DXWatch to use the full potential.

In Log4OM you can configure any cluster to be used that you like, which includes all of the most popular clusters like VE7CC and AR Cluster plus many others.

Log4om is nothing to do with HRD and it does not need HRD to work. You do not need HRD to use Log4om and I can't understand where you got that idea from?

I am not quiet sure what is stopping you using Log4om. Email me and I will try to assist you

73 Terry G4POP
    Log4OM Development Team

9. G4POP

Pleased to help Warren, enjoy! :D

10. N6JRZ

N6JRZ Ham Member QRZ Page

This is the cluster I am talking about https://ssl.qrzcq.com/dxcluster I am a member of that particular site however, it is not listed in the pull down menu in the settings. I tried to log a contact and the program would not allow me to do so because I am not connected to a cluster or database when in fact I am connected to a cluster. Not sure about a date base however. Could I be over looking some thing some where? Tnx again for your help!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  11. G4POP

You need to create a database for Log4om to be able to log QSO's please watch our YouTube video about setting up Log4om here:

http://youtu.be/jnycCNvdaE0

Alternativly see the creating a database section in the user guide!

You can add any cluster to the cluster list in Log4om, this is also covered in the user guide

Please contact me direct or join our user forum for further assistance should you require it or open a help request ticket from the Log4om help menu.

73 Terry G4POP
    Log4om Development Team

12. N5INP

N5INP Ham Member QRZ Page

Man I love this program. The lastest version installed with no problems and it has everything I need plus more. Also, the support forum is a great asset if you do have any questions. :)

13. KD5UVV

KD5UVV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What a nice program. I've been using the Log4OM program for a while now and can't say enough good things about it. Just installed the latest up dated version and everything went together without a hitch. Really like the new version changes too. Great work guys, keep it up.

If you have not yet done so, give the program a try. I think you will be very happy with it, I know I am. :)

73 Dale

14. NN7D

NN7D Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks to the development team for a great update to an already great program. The Winkeyer feature works very well, and is well thought out. It is very handy to be able to have an assortment of macros for sending, and the slick direct type CW send mode works like a dream. And the CW log which keeps a record of what you have sent is very handy. Plus it is well integrated into the rest of the logging program. Well done!

Other nice features added to Log4OM such as the log data/time correction will come in handy for those times when your computer clock wonders off and you don't realize it. The new install program is better than ever, with the automatic update of the documentation and install of OmniRig, and so many other nice features suggested by the user community.

Log4OM is a treat to use everyday!

Thanks!
    Doug - W7DRM

15. CT1BXX

CT1BXX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi
    Daniele
    Terry
    and also all Log4OM Team,

I have no words to express my admiration and gratitude, to this project.
    Log4OM is exceptional. In the program itself, as in the assistance, not forgetting also the well prepared manual, the manual( now in English and French)
    It is very interesting to see that this behavior is not present on several commercial log.
    I have used several, free and commercial but none of them has this peculiar behavior.
    The only way to test what I am saying is testing Log4OM, if you has any comments, feel free to express it in forum and very rapid you will got the answer.
    I reiterate that the program is free and nicely designed.
    One more time:
    Thanks to Daniele and to all of you for maintaining this project.
    Log4Om is The LogBook!:D

73 Manuel Fernando - CT1BXX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.