ad: k1jek

USS Midway (CV-41) Muesum Ship Special Event 9/13/14; Commissioning of USS Midway

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by WA6LT, Sep 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. WA6LT

WA6LT Ham Member QRZ Page

The USS Midway aircraft carrier museum ship in San Diego CA will be conducting a Special Event this Saturday 9/13/14 to celebrate the commissioning of the USS Midway on 9/10/45 and National POW/MIA Remembrance Day. We will be operating 1600Z to 2300Z. We will be on SSB 14.320 and 7.250, PSK on 14.070 and D-STAR via REF001C and other regional reflectors.

For QSL please enclose Self Addressed Stamped Envelope to:
    USS Midway Museum Radio Room, QRZ
    910 N Harbor Drive
    San Diego CA 92101

2. N2KOJ

N2KOJ Ham Member QRZ Page

What is The Callsign being used? Im hoping like heck to work this great special event im in NJ and hoping that 20m or maybe 40 towards evening will work for me. Love working the Navy ships being a former Navy man myself!! 73s Eric N2KOJ

3. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll try to work you if the solar flare allows.

BTW: I am a PLANK OWNER on Midway, (a member of the commissioning crew. the Midway was also commissioned on 31 Jan 1970)

4. VK2CRI

VK2CRI Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi , Missed the SpeciaL Event The USS Midway aircraft carrier museum ship in San Diego CA
    Was surprised to find there was no mention of CW? NAVY!
    Is there anything planned for a repeat ,would love to work USN ops. Any info for similar activities greatly appreciated 73s John VK2CRI EX ZL2AGE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.