ad: Sussex-1

SOTA Weekend to Start Friday Night

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K6EL, Sep 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K6EL

K6EL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This weekend, the annual North America Summits on the Air activities event will include some stations camping-out on mountain tops. Look for them all modes starting Friday night, if the big CME bomdardment cooperates. Saturday and Sunday should see as many as 75 battery-powered stations from summits in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico, in addition to the usual 30 European climbers. The web site "Sotawatch" shows real-time information about who is on which frequency and which mountain, together with a mapping option: http://www.sotawatch.org

Don't miss this unusual and fun event.

Elliott, K6EL :)

2. W7ASA

W7ASA Ham Member QRZ Page

Great! I'll be hunting for SOTA goats this weekend. Thanks for posting.

72 de RadioRay ..._ ._

3. K6EL

K6EL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just think, Ray, you could be a Sota goat yourself. Find a nice drive-up and give everyone a thrill. EL

4. WA2FON

WA2FON Ham Member QRZ Page

5. N2ADV

N2ADV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Damn. Packed weekend here but I want to start chasing SOTA stations. I'll try to hop down to the shack to chase some of y'all down :)

6. K9ZMD

K9ZMD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No need to wait until a SOTA Weekend to get started. There are SOTA activations taking place every day of the week. Just check SOTAWatch to see where & when the action is taking place.

Register here to create your own Chaser Log and begin accumulating SOTA points toward the various SOTA awards. There is no membership fee, but be aware that SOTA Chasing quickly becomes addictive . . . and has even induced dedicated couch potatoes to take an occasional stroll up a nearby hill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.