ad: ProAudio-1

Ham Radio Featured at Dave Ramsey Studios!!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KG4WXV, Aug 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KG4WXV

KG4WXV Ham Member QRZ Page

Ham Radio featured in a video highlighting Dave Ramsey’s chief engineer Matt Aaron KG4WXX.
    The Dave Ramsey show is heard on over 500 radio stations across the US and is the largest independent syndicated radio show in existence.
    KG4WXX Matt is the son of Ted Randall WB8PUM the host of the long running “QSO Radio Show” that runs on Shortwave and heard around the world on WTWW.
    Matt has been with Dave Ramsey for 8 years and was hired as chief engineer at age 22.
    This was very unusual and a ton of responsibility for a young man age 22.
    Matt takes care of all things technical and when the Ramsey producers wanted to do a “behind the scenes” feature video of Matt, he just had to make it about ham radio. At Ramsey headquarters and studios they refer to Matt as MacGyver, as his ham radio background gives him the creative ability to make just about anything work in a crisis. Matt got started early in radio coming from a radio family and a family of hams. His dad Ted WB8PUM and Ted’s wife Holly KG4WXV both radio engineers along with his brother David KG4WXW a radio and television engineer as well.
    In junior high and high school Matt and his brother David constructed a radio studio at Wilson Central High School near Lebanon Tn. Matt then hosted a daily afternoon drive show on a local AM radio station WJKM. The show was done live from the inside of the school public area. Matt played current music and featured students and teachers. It addressed many sensitive issues and provided a platform to address issues difficult for adults to address.
    When the Ramsey folks wanted to do a feature on Matt as their chief engineer he wanted to make a statement about how ham radio can enhance the career of any young person. The video is topped off with a live HF QSO with the video host working a ham in New York from Matt’s mobile sitting in front of the Ramsey studios and headquarters in Brentwood Tennessee!
    Matt enjoys working HF mobile with his large Tarheel antenna and homebrew mobile HF amp.
    He likes getting on the air and filling in for Dad on the Live QSO broadcasts from Dayton, Huntsville and Field Day Live. He also hosts a talk show along with Dad heard on WTWW called Radio Disclosure.
    Behind The Scenes with Matt Aaron: http://youtu.be/ENws2eLYCx8

2. AB3AH

AB3AH Ham Member QRZ Page

Being a huge Dave Ramsey fan listening to it daily via pod cast..Its cool to see a ham and fellow Christian there !! SWEET!! de ab3ah Ed moyer...

Hope to work him mobile to mobile one day hihi nice tarheel?

3. KM4DCZ

KM4DCZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Loved seeing that! Huge Dave Ramsey fan and he's right in my backyard. I could have easily sat through all of the skipped material being both a ham and IT guy!

de KM4DCZ Allen Minix

4. AA8N

AA8N Ham Member QRZ Page

Matt is his father's son for sure. I knew Ted from way back in Saginaw, Michigan when he ran a DJ station on cable TV, until the roof fell in. Yes, he really did that and the roof really did fall in. I spent a hilarious evening one time with Ted listening to tapes he had recorded from callers to the country station where he was the DJ. Yes, Matt is a "Ask him the time and he tells how to make a watch", kind of guy just like his dad. As I am the same, we got along great.

5. N7ZXA

N7ZXA Ham Member QRZ Page

Except for Rush Limbaugh with 625 stations ;)

6. KM4DCZ

KM4DCZ Ham Member QRZ Page

"largest independent syndicated radio show in existence" :p

7. N4EYZ

N4EYZ Ham Member QRZ Page

That's great! I'm a huge Dave Ramsey fan as well. I only wish I had heard him when I was a young father (a long time ago). :)

KB2FCV likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.