ad: QuirkyQRP-1

KP1-NAVASSA

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N4GNR, Aug 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N4GNR

N4GNR Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I received a phone call from the powers to be that control Navassa Island. I had contacted them a year ago to speak of a possible activation. At
    that time they said absolutely NO.
    The good news is- That they are now looking at allowing an Expedition to KP1---STRICTLY a POSSIBILITY. They will have Law Enforcement that will accompany
    the successful group. There are some dangers that exist in that area. So, I had said that P5 would be activated before KP1 would ,, I "MAY" have to eat
    those words. Be hopeful that someone will get this done....Dan Cisson...N4GNR

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Good luck, and I'll bet it's a very strong possibility.

Diff between P5 and KP1 is KP1 has been activated on different occasions by groups of operators who made thousands of contacts. P5 was activated "once" as far as I know, by a single operator who favored RTTY, made some SSB contacts and wasn't allowed to use CW so his QSO total wasn't terribly high. And with KP1, we're dealing with our own government and people who speak English and stuff. It's difficult to get permission, but not impossible as it's been done at least three times in my lifetime that I can recall, and I have it on 40-20-15-10m. Could use it on the other bands, though.:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.