ad: k1jek

EJ5BPL Lighthouse Activation on Sherkin Island, Co. Cork, Ireland

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by EI2KA, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. EI2KA

EI2KA Ham Member QRZ Page

Barrack Point Lighthouse on Sherkin Island opposite Baltimore, Co. Cork, in the far southwest of Ireland will be activated during August as part of ILLW and ARLHS lighthouse events. Using special event call sign EJ5BPL, operators Ei2KA, Ei4JN and possibly others will operate from a tent next to the small lighthouse which, along with the Baltimore Beacon on the mainland opposite, marks safe entry into Baltimore Harbour from the North Atlantic. Weather permitting, activations will be every weekend and some other days during August and will include the ARLHS contest on 2-3 August, National Lighthouse Day (USA) on 7 August, and the ILLW weekend on 16-17 August. Barrack Point Lighthouse has been designated IE0014 by ILLW and IRE036 by ARLHS. An attractive QSL card will be sent to all stations worked.

2. W7TRD

W7TRD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello,
    What frequencies will be used?
    Thank you!

3. EI2KA

EI2KA Ham Member QRZ Page

Antenna deployment at the lighthouse is tricky because we have to dismantle after every activation. i will try a vertical this weekend (9-10 Aug) which should give me 20m, 40m, 15m and maybe other bands. I will aim for 14.270, 7.140, 21.350 phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.