ad: HamHats-1

KL7DG Rural Alaska for the 2014-2015 school year.

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KL7DG, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KL7DG

KL7DG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello all,

I wanted to post that I will be teaching school at Pilot Station Alaska for the 2014-2015 school year (Aug-May). Pilot Station is about 400 miles west of Anchorage. I have been issued call KL7DG and I plan to be active when time permits. Pilot Station is in grid AP81nw and is in Alaska Judicial District 2. From what I have seen in my Census area of Wade Hampton there are only 6 hams listed on QRZ and none in my grid square. I am hoping to get the school kids active as well and I will be active in many of the contests and state qso parties. I am hoping to activate three new islands near me in the Yukon river for the US Islands program. My equipment arrived in Pilot over the weekend so I am planning on being active as soon as next week. I have an Icom 746 Pro and a Carolina windom for my station there. I will be active on SSB and digital modes. I am hoping to finally learn Morse code this year so I can add that mode to my list. I am hoping to make DXCC and WAS from Alaska so I will be looking for everyone :)

73 de Donn
    KL7DG
    Pilot Station, AK

2. KL7DG

KL7DG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I wanted to update my status. I am now active from Pilot Station. So far I have made contacts with North America, South America, Europe and Asia. I gave one lucky operator Alaska as his 50th state for WAS. I plan on being active for the NAQP this weekend so listen for me.

Quyana and 73 from Pilot Station
    Donn KL7DG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.