ad: Retevis-1

SDO Sun Live Wallpaper for Android - Version R4 is now available

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by NS6Q, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. NS6Q

NS6Q Ham Member QRZ Page

The HamWare Collective is please to announce that version R4 of the "SDO Sun Live Wallpaper" Android app has been released!
    table_7_gold.png phone_blue.png

This app displays current images of the Sun from the NASA Solar Dynamics Observatory satellite as your live wallpaper. You will be amazed at all the activity and displays of awesome power on the surface of the Sun that normally you cannot see. This app has been described as the "ultimate campfire".

New features:

• A new image downloader that works with NASA's new image server for more reliable downloads.
    • A faster, more efficient display loop. This means less impact to the rest of the device while images are being displayed.
    • A new quick start screen to get the SDO Live Wallpaper set as your active wallpaper and to get some images on your device fast by optionally using your Mobile data connection once.
    • A new option to remove the time stamp from the images as they are downloaded.
    • And finally what would a new release be without miscellaneous bug fixes.

If you don't have the SDO Live Wallpaper app and would like to try it out you can find it in the Google Play Store for FREE at the following link:

SDO Live Wallpaper

or search the Google Play Store for:

"SDO Sun Live Wallpaper"

2. N5TTI

N5TTI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh that's nice. I can choose the filter as well!
    It's nice that I don't see ads, and you don't need access to everything from my camera to my address book!!!
    Thanks

3. K9CTB

K9CTB Ham Member QRZ Page

Very cool. Thanks, Michael!! I just installed Android on my HP Touchpad recently -- so I'm off to the link to try this out! :)

73 de Neil
    K9CTB

4. K7ZOV

K7ZOV Ham Member QRZ Page

I just installed in on my Casio GizOne phone. Way cool.. Need to figure out why when it does a restart of the sequence the sun jumps all over the place or a couple of seconds... I probably need to massage the settings... But for now I like it any way

73 de K7ZOV Harry

5. KD6MDV

KD6MDV QRZ Lifetime Member #96 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I am having the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S5, but am also very pleased with the program other than the jumping around...

6. KJ6SVS

KJ6SVS Ham Member QRZ Page

The jumping around is not a part of the program. What you see are actual images from the SDO satellite. Occasionally, NASA has the satellite make maneuvers to confirm normal operation. The have the maneuvering jets rotate the satellite in both axis to confirm this. It is a normal function, and has nothing to do with the program.

7. K5KDT

K5KDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Good explanation, super cool background/program - thanks!

8. W6MVS

W6MVS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very nice! I just installed it on my Samsung Note 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.