ad: Flexradio-1

QRZ Sweepstakes Weekly Winner - Matt Neubauer KG7IZS

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

QRZ is pleased to announce our first Anniversary Sweepstakes weekly prize winner, Matt Neubauer, KG7IZS. Matt will be receiving a $20 Gift certificate from our sponsor, Gigaparts! We are thrilled to note that after the first week, QRZ's Anniversary Sweepstakes has received nearly 16,000 entries. We hope that you'll all continue to visit the Sweepstakes page to enter daily to win that unforgettable grand prize of a lifetime, the TS-990s! If you haven't entered yet, you've still got plenty of time! You can check in on the QRZ News Forum and on the QRZ.com Facebook Page to stay up to date on the latest weekly giveaways and sponsor additions. Until next time, Good luck and 73 from the entire QRZ.com team!

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Congrats KG7IZS!! My wife got her call not long after yours - she was KG7IZW!!! (Now N7ANN - her name is Anne!)
    Did you by chance test at W7DK in Tacoma? Very possibly in the same room as Anne even....

But congrats on being the first weekly winner

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Oops.. no she was KG7IWZ she has informed me :p:p But still very close in time

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  4. W4YBB

W4YBB Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred, Quick question. What is the "Day" for the sweepstakes? UTC or local? Don't want to look like I'm trying to stuff the entry box.

5. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations KG7IZS!!!

6. AD5OU

AD5OU Guest

My experience with submitting entries has been the "day" starts over at 00:00 UTC

7. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

The QRZ clock is always UTC. The Forums may display a different time zone, depending on user settings.

To avoid confusion, make sure you always use UTC on QRZ.

73, -fred

8. KG7IZS

KG7IZS Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't see this, and was quite surprised when I opened the mailbox this afternoon!
    Thanks QRZ!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.