ad: ProAudio-1

GA14CG - Commonwealth Games Special Event Station

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by MM0KFX, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. MM0KFX

MM0KFX Ham Member QRZ Page

Between the 21st of July and the 3rd of August, the Stirling & District Amateur Radio Society is hosting the special event station GA14CG (Golf Alpha One Four Commonwealth Games), to celebrate the Commonwealth Games which are being held in Glasgow, Scotland.

The event has been by organised by the Stirling & District Amateur Radio Society and will be operated by its members, along with the support of GMDX, Scotland’s DX Association and other clubs in the local area. Visitors are most welcome to the station between the hours of 10am and 4pm daily and licensed amateurs who visit are welcome to operate.

The activation will consist of 3 HF stations and 2 VHF stations and activity is expected from 1.8MHz through 144MHz; using SSB, CW and Data. Skeds can be arranged on request.
    The callsign is expected to generate a lot of activity and a target of 20,000 QSO’s has been set for the duration of the 14 day event.

Expect a large presence and regular updates on Social Media, by following the Twitter account @GA14CG or by ‘liking’ the Facebook page, GA14CG. More information, including an option to book an operating slot, is available at www.ga14cg.com.

Logs will be uploaded to Clublog regularly and QSL is preferred via LoTW and e-QSL. If you require a paper card, you may request a card direct or via the bureau using Clublog OQRS.

For more information, contact GA14CG Team Leader Adam, MM0KFX at: MM0KFX@GM6NX.com. Alternatively, e-mail info@ga14cg.com for any other inquiries during the operation.

2. MM0KFX

We are now closing in on 10,000 QSO's and the half way stage of our operation. We would like to thank everyone who has contacted us so far!

3. M3KXZ

M3KXZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice surprise working GA14CG on 15m CW on Friday with my 5W from Brighton - very unusual for me to hear Scotland down here on this band. Thanks chaps!

4. KY3W/SK2022

KY3W/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Very heavy QSB on 17 & 20 Sunday into the US but I did manage to work Paul on both. Nothing heard on 40 & 15.

5. GM6DX

GM6DX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

that was me who was on the key that time

6. MM0KFX

We are now in the last 24 hours of the event and we have managed to meet our 20,000 QSO target.

This is your last chance to work the GA14 prefix!

Thanks to all who have worked the station and made it a great success!

Adam
    MM0KFX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.