ad: M2Ant-1

new hf net

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KK4SGQ, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KK4SGQ

KK4SGQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I am trying to start a new hf net for atv dirtbike trailriding inthuseasts.
    The net will be on eather 20 or 40 meters starting @ 10pm est monday threw sunday any help would be apreceatid thanks kk4sgq

2. W1PDG

W1PDG Ham Member QRZ Page

What kind of help are you looking for? Starting a net is pretty easy but requires dedication to it, especially if you are going to be the only NCS. Let me know if you need ideas. I don't have either a dirt bike or atv. You might want to include snowmobiles to for year round participation from us folks in the north country. KB1PDG

3. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It takes LOTS of dedication and determination, especially if it's going to be 7 days a week. I wouldn't recommend doing your first net that often!

Be prepared to weather all the times you get 1 or 0 check-ins.

4. W1PDG

W1PDG Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree. I have the Fox Tango 1000 Net that we run on Saturday and Sunday nights. Three different bands. 53 members now and it is very time consuming if you are going to have any kind of email reminders or an email recap of the net. I also created and pay for hosting of the ft1000net.com website. Very time consuming to update every week. If you have a group already lined up for your net and only plan to let them come check in without any website or email system then it wouldn't be to hard, but I find people remember to participate a lot better with an email sent to the group a few minutes before the net starts. This also works well if you don't have a dedicated frequency. On 20 meters or during a contest it is sometimes hard to find your frequency vacant. That way the group knows where to meet up. I would also suggest maybe just 2 nights a week to start. One night on 20 and one on 40. Do you have a group lined up? If not you need to plan out how you will find people interested in joining your net. KB1PDG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.