ad: Radclub22-1

Chinese HF X108 1-20w 9 band AM, SSb, CW QRP rig (X1M Pro big brother?)

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K6JWF, Jun 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K6JWF

K6JWF Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone have have hands on one of these yet? I see Ed's got them up on his site (http://www.wouxun.us/category.php?category_id=65 ) already for sale in kit form (since I believe he is the sole US distributor for them?). For 595$ it looks like the China import powers to be may have hit a gold nugget, especially if this performs solidly like the X1m PRO (the original X1m did have some issues). The thing that I can see from the pics provided is the amazing late 20th century innovation of putting an actual USB port on the rear of the radio instead of the using 40 +/- year old connectors in various iterations still used to this day (wait we are in the 21st century now right?) by a number of "Major" radio manufacturers. Color screen, SWR/MOD/ALC meters, AGC, splits, dual VFO, 20cb ATT, pre-amp etc - and if its got accessible for SDR pan adapter all the better.

Solar panel array, netbook, X108, antenna, some hydration and off to see the wizard!

If it shows up with a decent power cycle use - I know which rig I'm bringing on my next camping/outing etc trip!

Images below were clipped from the wouxon.us website and do not show a copyright, but I thought I would drop the trakback to them just in case.

X108+mic-x.jpg
    X108sf.jpg
    X108dr.jpg
    X108df.jpg

2. NY7Q

NY7Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Shows keyer connector on back of rig...does this mean there is no internal keyer or does this mean they have the wrong name for "KEY"??

3. K3LFC

K3LFC Ham Member QRZ Page

I can plug key into ranger or kenwood. Some older radios from 1973 need keyers...HAHAHA k3lfc qrp....Talk to you later ham friend

4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I swear I see a packman on that TFT screen...anyone else see it?

It seems to HAVE a keyer---look at the display.

Chip W1YW

5. K6JWF

Found a video of it in the wild - (and ya the pacman symbol seems to be the icon for rec? LOL) also by the looks of the screen (and the functions he uses in the video) it has variable filters - this thing is looking better every minute!

Too bad the audio in the vid isn't all that great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H--O1GnsX8

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Hmmm... here I thought it was an icon of an old guy saying "You kids stay off my lawn!!!"

7. KC0W

KC0W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Gotta love the cable they have for sale has an archaic DB-9 connector on it...........Should work nicely on my Tandy 1000 computer. :)

DB-9.jpg

Tom KCØW

8. K6JWF

Um, that's for the X1m/Pro -0 round hole, square peg - the one this thread is about has an obvious USB-B connector on the rear=as pictured.

9. KC0W

KC0W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ahh, so, grasshopper.................Thanks.

Tom KCØW

10. WD8FM

WD8FM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hum no SN or FCC info on it at all. Is it FCC legal? That's a lot of money for a kit. What is the Warranty when you build your own. Who will provide Warranty Service if there is any? A lot of questions that needs to be answered and put in writing.

11. AF4K

AF4K Ham Member QRZ Page

The other rigs have so few buttons and knobs. I bet the MENU system on this rascal is a huge PIA!

12. AB3EH

AB3EH Ham Member QRZ Page

Video starts off with a CQ call on 12.916 MHz.... Audio sounds like Chinese and the s-meter is constantly kicking to full scale. Everything is completely abnormal

13. N4QA

N4QA Ham Member QRZ Page

Same as in the video, hearing Korean commercial CW station HLF over the air on 12916.5 KHz here at the lake in EM95mn using another Asian rig and a 40m (!) trap dipole in the attic.
    Perhaps, for those who loathe a sidetone freq of 800 Hz, the subject rig has an adjustment.
    I kind of like it, myself - LOL

72 and Rooby Roo !

14. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't believe that any FCC certification is required. The FCC sticker is required for various different things. IIRC, that includes VHF scanning receivers, which is why most ham gear has a sticker. I could be mistaken, but I can't think of any reason why an HF transmitter or receiver would require certification. Also, I'm not sure if it would be required for a kit.

15. KC2UGV

KC2UGV Ham Member QRZ Page

FCC certification is not required for kits. Ever seen an FCC sticker on a Ramsey kit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.