ad: AbAuRe-1

/r/amateurradio is subreddit of the day!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N0SSC, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N0SSC

N0SSC Ham Member QRZ Page

Today the Amateur Radio community on reddit won subreddit of the day on reddit.com, an award given to notably interesting subreddits with at least 100 subscribers, frequent posts, and active and friendly userbases. Today the community has over 9,000 subscribers and is constantly growing. Even if you don't like, or have heard bad things about reddit, I recommend you give /r/amateurradio a look, whether you're new or old to the hobby.

2. W7ND

W7ND Ham Member QRZ Page

Shhhh....Dont let the secret out!

3. K5WL

K5WL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you're a young ham, http://reddit.com/r/amateurradio is where it's at, but if you're a young ham, you probably already knew about reddit. If you're not so young but are looking to find some younger folk and see what they're up to, check it out.

4. KF7PCL

KF7PCL Ham Member QRZ Page

5. KC2UGV

KC2UGV Ham Member QRZ Page

Heck, QRZ has some topics from time to time that are relatively scary. Just wait for the proper ignition source, and you'll get a full thread of homophobic slurs, racial slurs, and threats of violence.

6. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

I think that subreddit is pretty good. They have a net on the air on Sunday night 21:30 EDT, coordinated via IRC. I've participated a few times. It's fun although HF conditions make it pretty tough going.

There will usually be a post about it on Sunday. Here's the one from last Sunday.

http://www.reddit.com/r/amateurradio/comments/23jrkc/reddit_hf_net_tonight_at_2130_edt_0130_utc/

Note that you can have multiple handles or logins on Reddit. I use my callsign on /r/amateurradio but ... something else on other subreddits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.