ad: M2Ant-1

Reality Show About Tower Climbers on Discovery Channel this Friday @ 11:00 PM EST.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N2EYK, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N2EYK

N2EYK Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Fellow Amateur Radio Operators,
    I
    wanted to let you know about some interesting news.
    My brother John Paleski has a tower worker, reality show on Discovery this Friday @ 11:00P.M. Eastern.

The show is called "Hang Men" and this debut will be a "Back Door" pilot. If the ratings are good they will pick up the show.
    Sooo, if you can, please watch. If you can't watch, set your DVRs for Discovery Channel on Friday Evening @ 11:00 P.M. EST. Buff guys and a cute girl in tool belts, towers, coax cable, reality and drama. What could go wrong?

www.discovery.com/tv-shows/tv-schedule.htm

Thank you everyone,
    Rich
    N2EYK

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Rich,

If the incentive is "buff guys and cute girl"....really: a reality show?

I think a show based on KC1XX would be closer to the mark.

A single program would probably be interesting. A whole series doesn't sound all too ham related, frankly.

My opinion. Yours may differ.

Chip W1YW

3. N5YCN

N5YCN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Rich, Thanks for the info. Any show with a Paleski in it has to be great! Looking forward to it!

Tim

4. N7IQV

N7IQV Ham Member QRZ Page

Just to help out Arizonans and Hawaiians... Will this be shown at 11:00 pm EST or EDT?? We don't screw with the time around here, but we DO have to adjust for those that do.

Appreciate any clarifications!

John/N7IQV

5. KC2NEO

KC2NEO Ham Member QRZ Page

A friend and former co-worker, "Cowboy" will be on. It will be great to see him on TV! He's quite a character with many interests outside of climbing towers.
    I'll be tuning in for sure.
    sean
    KC2NEO

6. N2EYK

7. W9MB

W9MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Sweet.....

8. KI5WW

KI5WW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, ill TRY to watch. I can fly all day, no prob. But cliffs, towers, scare the hell out of me. Even on tv. But ill watch all i can cause ill close my eyes during the scary shots. Good luck with your show.

9. AC4BB

AC4BB Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll watch it. I recall watching the PBS show on front line called "Tower dogs" It was pretty scary to see how many died in tower accidents. They showed scenes from the funeral for a cell tower worker that fell more 400 feet.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  10. KG4KKN

KG4KKN Ham Member QRZ Page

Natgeo channel did an episode of World's Toughest Fixes on replacing the antenna on a 2000ft tower. Makes the cell towers look like footstools.

Most of the episode can be watched for free here: http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/videos/2000-foot-tower/

11. WA8LGM

WA8LGM Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like a good reason to stay up and watch the TV or record it. I will not miss it.

12. N2EYK

Thank you everyone, I am hanging out at my brother's house. I just made pizza and we are going to have a look at the edited version.

13. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow... Discovery has gone to a new low...

The Chick talks to "40 watt" as a seasoned pro... then talking to her boyfriend on the tower "I've never been up this high" (yeah 200 feet big whoppie).

This show is gonna crash and burn. Ditch the script... follow a REAL crew... and there will be no TV script drama... just a lot of cussin' and bitchin'. :cool:

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

14. N2EYK

The program will have one more showing at 2:00 PM Eastern.

Thank you everyone for the feedback and for your interest.

Rich
    N2EYK

15. KI4KGR

KI4KGR Ham Member QRZ Page

No, it's going to fit in just fine with other shows like Amish Mafia, Moonshiners, and their other crap fake reality shows. With the exception of Mythbusters there hasn't been anything worth watching on Discovery since they pronounced Aluminum in a funny way.

I'm rather disappointed (but not surprised) that they will no accurately represent the tower climbing profession.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.