Callsign
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reality Show About Tower Climbers on Discovery Channel this Friday @ 11:00 PM EST.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl

Default Reality Show About Tower Climbers on Discovery Channel this Friday @ 11:00 PM EST.

Hi Fellow Amateur Radio Operators,
    I
    wanted to let you know about some interesting news.
    My brother John Paleski has a tower worker, reality show on Discovery this Friday @ 11:00P.M. Eastern.

The show is called "Hang Men" and this debut will be a "Back Door" pilot. If the ratings are good they will pick up the show.
    Sooo, if you can, please watch. If you can't watch, set your DVRs for Discovery Channel on Friday Evening @ 11:00 P.M. EST. Buff guys and a cute girl in tool belts, towers, coax cable, reality and drama. What could go wrong?

www.discovery.com/tv-shows/tv-schedule.htm

Thank you everyone,
    Rich
    N2EYK

Rich,

If the incentive is "buff guys and cute girl"....really: a reality show?

I think a show based on KC1XX would be closer to the mark.

A single program would probably be interesting. A whole series doesn't sound all too ham related, frankly.

My opinion. Yours may differ.

Chip W1YW

Hey Rich, Thanks for the info. Any show with a Paleski in it has to be great! Looking forward to it!

Tim

Just to help out Arizonans and Hawaiians... Will this be shown at 11:00 pm EST or EDT?? We don't screw with the time around here, but we DO have to adjust for those that do.

Appreciate any clarifications!

John/N7IQV

Quote Originally Posted by N2EYK View Post
    Hi Fellow Amateur Radio Operators,
    I
    wanted to let you know about some interesting news.
    My brother John Paleski has a tower worker, reality show on Discovery this Friday @ 11:00P.M. Eastern.

The show is called "Hang Men" and this debut will be a "Back Door" pilot. If the ratings are good they will pick up the show.
    Sooo, if you can, please watch. If you can't watch, set your DVRs for Discovery Channel on Friday Evening @ 11:00 P.M. EST. Buff guys and a cute girl in tool belts, towers, coax cable, reality and drama. What could go wrong?

www.discovery.com/tv-shows/tv-schedule.htm

Thank you everyone,
    Rich
    N2EYK

A friend and former co-worker, "Cowboy" will be on. It will be great to see him on TV! He's quite a character with many interests outside of climbing towers.
    I'll be tuning in for sure.
    sean
    KC2NEO

Here is a link to the preview of the show.
    http://vimeo.com/user11532461/review...411/c0484e64a9

Sweet.....

Thanks, ill TRY to watch. I can fly all day, no prob. But cliffs, towers, scare the hell out of me. Even on tv. But ill watch all i can cause ill close my eyes during the scary shots. Good luck with your show.

I'll watch it. I recall watching the PBS show on front line called "Tower dogs" It was pretty scary to see how many died in tower accidents. They showed scenes from the funeral for a cell tower worker that fell more 400 feet.
    Last edited by AC4BB; 03-12-2014 at 09:48 PM.

Natgeo channel did an episode of World's Toughest Fixes on replacing the antenna on a 2000ft tower. Makes the cell towers look like footstools.

Most of the episode can be watched for free here: http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...00-foot-tower/

Quote Originally Posted by AC4BB View Post
    I'll watch it. I recall watching the PBS show on front line called "Tower dogs" It was pretty scary to see how many died in tower accidents. They showed scenes from the funeral for a cell tower worker that fell more 400 feet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast