ad: l-assoc
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl

Exclamation Tokyo Hy Power Files for bankruptcy

According to a Japanese ham radio web site the company has closed shop and is no longer answering the telephone.

http://www.hamlife.jp/2013/12/24/tokyo-hy-power/

Wow, another manufacturer bites the dust.
    I have to wonder if someone will buy them out and continue making their products.
    I doubt it will interest MFJ however.
    US Army Radio Operator/instructor 1966-72
    MOS 05B/O5B4H

Would be interesting to read if it came up in English rather than Japanese. I didn't see a way to convert it.

Quote Originally Posted by KF5JOT View Post
    Would be interesting to read if it came up in English rather than Japanese. I didn't see a way to convert it.
    Me either and I have some doubts BTW

Google Translate: http://translate.google.com/#auto/en...yo-hy-power%2F

Corporate bankruptcy information site for the electric and electronics industry are you breaking the bankruptcy of the Tokyo High Power "clear leaf Institute". Bankruptcy as breaking, I posted the name of Tokyo high-power, Saitama Prefecture Niiza in the evening December 24.
    Further, according to information from the wireless dealer multiple sources, by any response eliminates the phone from Friday, December 20, response and are gone also send mail or facsimile, the company whose movements was feared.

Google Chrome does a fairly good job translating the site posted (not perfect though). Here's a snippet:

"December 25, corporate information site private "JC-NET" was reported debt of Tokyo high power of about 250 million yen, and was in the process of being self bankruptcy filing.

Bankruptcy information Corner corporate information private site of "JC-NET" was to stop the business in December 20, the Tokyo High Power: about 250 million yen debt (Corporate Headquarters Saitama Niiza) I have reported to climb, left to the discretion of the attorney post-processing, and was in the process of being self bankruptcy filing."
    73 de Brad
    WA6MM

Here is the google translate. Not sure what the clear leaf institute is. It indicates according their website, but no such information is on their website. Maybe through bad translation it is a different company

"Corporate bankruptcy information site for the electric and electronics industry are you breaking the bankruptcy of the Tokyo High Power "clear leaf Institute". Bankruptcy as breaking, I posted the name of Tokyo high-power,

Saitama Prefecture Niiza in the evening December 24.
    Further, according to information from the wireless dealer multiple sources, by any response eliminates the phone from Friday, December 20, response and are gone also send mail or facsimile, the company whose movements was feared.

According to the Web site of the Tokyo High Power, the company founded in Saitama Prefecture Niiza individual companies as "Tokyo High Power Research Institute" in January 1975. The renamed "Tokyo high power" in November 1977. Capital thing with 850 million yen annual sales (4,800 ten thousand yen authorized capital) 12 million yen, and 2007."
    If your tube don't have handles then you don't have a tube!

Now to translate the translation......

It seems upon further research to be traced back to a single Japanese Ham on a blog post. There are no official listings in Japan bankruptcy postings of a company name Tokyo Hy Power.
    If your tube don't have handles then you don't have a tube!

This is official. They filed for bankruptcy procedure that is similar to U.S. Chapter 7 (not Chapter 11) on December 25th. (What a Christmas surprise!) The company is expected to be dissolved. We do not have any further information, as to whether anyone is interested to assume their existing operation. Japanese hams are saddened to learn the news.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast