Callsign
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Cant build the kit? Blame the kit maker.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-rl

Default Cant build the kit? Blame the kit maker.

http://www.hamgadgets.com/blog/2013/...akes-the-cake/

I can't believe what I just read. No wonder it seems not a month goes by you dont hear of a smaller ham related enterprise closing it's doors. This is why I have such a hard time with paypal. No doubt even with the complete burden of proof on his side some idiot will get his money back and the kit maker will get screwed out of his money.

Wow. What a douche. Good on Dale for soldiering on.
    The new signature restriction is bollocks.

I think kit suppliers are in an especially exposed situation. They have to choose what their policy will be in regards to things like this. Do they attempt to fix it? Do they replace the kit? Or do they have some fine print somewhere that makes it clear whose responsibility it actually is? Then, you have companies like Elecraft that say they "...won't let you fail...". I'm sure even they have some limits.

I hate to admit it, but even with my experience, I've had a kit or two that never worked the way I expected it to, and I've also had kits that were incomplete or had the wrong parts. Usually, the vendor has been of assistance, but I don't really expect that much help - if I mess it up, it's my problem.
    EchoLink, IRLP, Allstar and DSTAR linking - adding interest to repeaters worldwide 24X7

This is why I am at DAYTON and PACIFICON Teaching Soldering to kids and new Hams. Everyone should know how to do this if they are going to be COMPETENT Hams! I am just APPALLED at the soldering job the CLOWN did on that board. What an INSULT! I have had 6 year old kids do a MUCH better job than that! The idiot who soldered that board deserves to be OUTED and publically SHAMED! What a TRAVESTY!

I understand some people have eyesight and motor control problems in which case they shouldn't even attempt such a project. But this obviously was done by someone just plain STUPID!
    I love my cats!
    PHOEBE and PENELOPE MEW!

Quote Originally Posted by WA6MHZ View Post
    This is why I am at DAYTON and PACIFICON Teaching Soldering to kids and new Hams. Everyone should know how to do this if they are going to be COMPETENT Hams! I am just APPALLED at the soldering job the CLOWN did on that board. What an INSULT! I have had 6 year old kids do a MUCH better job than that! The idiot who soldered that board deserves to be OUTED and publically SHAMED! What a TRAVESTY!

I understand some people have eyesight and motor control problems in which case they shouldn't even attempt such a project. But this obviously was done by someone just plain STUPID!
    The kit maker outed him already.

So… W0AJA, Austin J. Ayers in Evans City, PA… congratulations, you’ve won the “How’d this guy ever get a ham license” award.

Beautiful Downtown Colorado. (Montrose, SW corner)

I'm still assembling my Vanna kit. Will let you know how it works out.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

QRZed needs to see this!

Congratulations, W0! U just won the WORST SOLDERING JOB in the History of MANKIND AWARD!
    I love my cats!
    PHOEBE and PENELOPE MEW!

Ponied up to the Bar, with an umbrella in my drink.

This schmuck is in Evans City? Great. I'll have to remember to watch for him at local hamfests...
    Stay Calm & RTJR! LGB!

Here is the Soldering iron he used

I love my cats!
    PHOEBE and PENELOPE MEW!

Quote Originally Posted by WA6MHZ View Post
    QRZed needs to see this!

{image snipped)

Congratulations, W0! U just won the WORST SOLDERING JOB in the History of MANKIND AWARD!
    Not quite J-STD-001, is it?

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast