ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper

Default HRD compatible with Yaesu FTdx-1200

Hello,

Does anyone have HRD 6.xx working with a Yaesu FTdx-1200 yet ?
    Just getting back into HF after being away for a few years.
    I previously used the HRD free versions and really liked the platform.
    Just purchased a new FTdx-1200 and would like to re-install HRD for a logging/rig control program.
    I have no problems paying for the software, worked great in the past, I can only assume it works even better now.

Thanks,
    Don...KIĜEO..

Don,

It works currently when set to the FT-950 or FTDX-5000 (uses much of the same command set). A new version is on the table with native 1200 support. It's being Alpha tested right now and should be to the Beta Testers shortly.

HTH - Jim - KB1NXE
    Nevermind...

OK Thanks Jim.
    I thought I might be able to select the FT950 for now.
    I will pull the trigger on this in the near future.

Thanks again !
    Don...KIĜEO..

I am in the same boat... Trying to connect HRD (rev 6.x) to my new FTDX-1200 via the Yaesu SCU-17 interface and I cannot make it work. The SCU-17 is their USB interface as my laptop does not offer any RS232 COM ports :-(

I tried FT-950, FTDX-5000 and FTDX-3000 on the enhanced and standard virtual COM port. Configured the computer & HRD to 9600,n,8 1 and to 38400,n,8,1 with no success on either port. OS is Windows 8.1

I know on the 3000, RTS is enabled by default. The 1200 may be the same. If it is, make sure you have RTS box checked.

Jim
    Nevermind...

Any updates to the status of the ftdx1200 and HRD

What issue are you having? It should work fine with the settings as described. V6.2 is almost ready for release. It will contain the native FTDX-1200, but to be honest, all it does is point that name to the same table of commands.

Most issues which relate to communications difficulties from HRD and the rig can be broken down to the following:

Incorrect Interface:
    A Signalink USB is not a rig interface. It is an audio only interface. (This applies to other Audio Only interfaces).
    You have not connected the CAT cable to the CAT port on your rig.
    Prolific chip USB to Serial interfaces are suspect and not recommended.
    Standard troubleshooting of physical connectivity. Make sure your cable is wired correctly or jumpers installed/switches set correctly for your interface.

Rig default configuration not followed:
    Please check your manuals to see what the default Baud rate, Bits, Parity and Stop Bits are. HRD configuration and your rigs configuration MUST match.
    Also check for other signals such as RTS. These will be documented in your rigs manual.
    Also some USB to Serial interfaces use CTS for power. This will be documented in your interface manual.

Faster is not better:
    HRD polls a lot of data back and forth between the software and the rig. Depending on your system, the interface and the length and quality of your interconnecting cable, this polling can cause or be susceptible to RFI.
    Higher speeds on the CAT connection may cause your system to lock up. We recommend 4800 or 9600 baud rates for consistent and reliable communications. At this speed you will not see any slowness.

Drivers are out of date, wrong or missing:
    This is a very large contributor to the Prolific chip set issue. Vast quantities of counterfeit Prolific chips made their way into the supply pipelines. Prolific countered this with driver releases that would only work with non-counterfeit chipsets by including serialized information. Windows will automatically update this driver. If you have a counterfeit chipset and the driver updates, your interface will stop working. This is why we recommend against Prolific chipsets.

HRD itself is out of date:
    Please make sure you have the latest version authorized by your license and subscription.
    Paid users are currently 6.1.4.189 (this included those with renewed subscriptions). If you have a paid subscription, you will be able to get 6.2.X when released.
    Paid users without a current subscription (your subscription is expired) will continue to be able to use 6.1.4.189, but not be able to get 6.2.X when released.
    Unpaid users are currently 5.24.38.

I hope this can be helpful to several.

Jim
    Nevermind...

On the Yaesu FTDX-1200 you need to go into menu item 39 and make sure CAT rate matches that of the HRD choices, Choose FT-5000 with RTS on. It should go fine after that.