Callsign
ad: dxeng
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Albert Einstein's mathematical take on Amateur Radio

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl
ad: l-WarrenG
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Concord, NC (near Charlotte)
    Posts
    10,649

    Default Albert Einstein's mathematical take on Amateur Radio



    As wise as he was smart.
    73, Steve
    43 years in Amateur Radio

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    13,615

    Default

    You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat.
    Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio
    US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Leeds, West Yorkshire, England.
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N0SYA View Post
    You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat.
    Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio
    US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)
    So; Where is the cat?
    73 de G4SKO Mark
    All we need is radio ga ga.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Colorado. (Montrose, SW corner)
    Posts
    29,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G4SKO View Post
    So; Where is the cat?
    At Pat's place of course.

    TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    15,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G4SKO View Post
    So; Where is the cat?
    In Schrodinger's box, of course.
    Steve

    If you have to worry about the cost of HF e-mail, you can't afford the boat.

    CW: The mode that accomplishes the most with the least circuitry, the least spectrum, and the least power.

    What hath God wrought?
    He hath wrought that pounding brass still kicks .- ... ...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    St Croix, USVI, USA
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N8CPA View Post
    In Schrodinger's box, of course.
    My wife wants to buy a Hobie 16 so she can paint "Schroedinger's" on the side and see who gets the gag.
    The new signature restriction is bollocks.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Colorado. (Montrose, SW corner)
    Posts
    29,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N8CPA View Post
    In Schrodinger's box, of course.
    But are you REALLY sure?

    TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Colorado. (Montrose, SW corner)
    Posts
    29,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WP2XX View Post
    My wife wants to buy a Hobie 16 so she can paint "Schroedinger's" on the side and see who gets the gag.
    I might, if I knew what a Hobie 16 is.

    TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K8ERV View Post
    I might, if I knew what a Hobie 16 is.
    The physics of puns suggests that it must be a "cat". In this case, a catamaran: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hobie+16
    Blog: Cheap New Ham www.qsl.net/kd0ukc

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Colorado. (Montrose, SW corner)
    Posts
    29,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KD0UKC View Post
    The physics of puns suggests that it must be a "cat". In this case, a catamaran: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hobie+16
    I think Schrödinger predicts the catamaran will be under water half the time. Not good odds.

    TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •