ad: l-assoc
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov

Default Marriage between two ham radio operators

When two ham radio operators get married, both having a license before the wedding, would the preacher say, "I now pronounce you OM and XYL", rather than the usual "husband and wife"?

Quote Originally Posted by KC8GRP View Post
    When two ham radio operators get married, both having a license before the wedding, would the preacher say, "I now pronounce you OM and XYL", rather than the usual "husband and wife"?
    Well, depending on which state the happy couple is in, these days it could be OM and OM, or XYL and XYL. I guess political correctness could run rampant here too, requiring a gender and age neutral abbreviation of some sort.
    [I][FONT=arial black]Molon labe.[/FONT][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by WB5YIW View Post
    Well, depending on which state the happy couple is in, these days it could be OM and OM, or XYL and XYL. I guess political correctness could run rampant here too, requiring a gender and age neutral abbreviation of some sort.
    Let's not go there. That was not the intent of this thread.

Welcome to QRZ. By the end of the day, the thread will be about politics and no-code extra class hams.

To answer your question, are you asking "can" they say that, or "would" they say that?

Can: Of course. If that's what you want your wedding vows to be, then that's what will be said.
    Would: Probably not, unless they were asked to do so (see above "can"). I doubt the person officiating the marriage would know (or care) that both people are hams, unless it was mentioned.

The makeup dxing is worth the fighting.

My reply was intended to be humorous, but I forgot, this is QRZ. What was I thinking. Never fear, subscription to this thread will be deleted momentarily.
    [I][FONT=arial black]Molon labe.[/FONT][/I]

I now pronounce you Anode and Cathode.
    "The more you know, the less you don't know."

Quote Originally Posted by WB5YIW View Post
    My reply was intended to be humorous, but I forgot, this is QRZ. What was I thinking. Never fear, subscription to this thread will be deleted momentarily.
    Can't have that - someone is bound to get "offended"

FWIW, I laughed.
    de Jim

A index must be in double figures again.

[QUOTE=WB4CS;2964336]Welcome to QRZ. By the end of the day, the thread will be about politics and no-code extra class hams.

You forgot 11 meters.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast