ad: l-innov
ad: l-AmericanRadio
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters

Thumbs down N1JBC Jed Barton

Well...wish I had searched these threads before dealing with Mr. Barton. He advertised 2 220 Hamtronics repeater modules (2x XMT, 2x RCV) about a month an a half ago on the Repeater-Builder list...we came to an agreement (in AUGUST!), paypal'd the money to him within a day of agreeing to a price plus shipping...so far (remember, this started in August):

1. Said he had to decomission them from the sites around RI. I mean, it's not Montana...I used to live next door to RI in Fall River...only takes less than an hour to go from one end to the other either N-S or E-W.

2. Didn't get to it because he got an offer to spend a week in NH on vacation (spending my $$$, no doubt).

3. Gave to his father to ship, but his father lost the address and forget to tell him.

4. Was going up to his father's shop to fix the phones and would mail them out with tracking numbers but got too busy.

5. Had them at home and PROMISED to ship them out and send me the tracking #s (this was last week....nada so far).

He seems to have more excuses than a politician of either stripe. We're all busy. I get that. But, I do try my best to meet my obligations, especially if someone has handed me green money for projected services or equipment.

At this point, I've written off the $$$, and if the equipment actually shows up, I'll chalk it up to a lesson learned.

But, let this serve as a caution to others who may feel their dealings with this gentleman will turn out differently. Forewarned is forearmed.

Having been a ham (with a couple decades off in the middle to raise a stepfamily) since 1969...this is only the second operator I've run into who I would feel cautious about dealing with. I only feel sorry for the fellow members of the Quahog Net if they have to depend on him...if this is how he deals with business deals...'nuff said.

When/if it comes in, will post that also. Fair's fair.

Bryan WB0YLE
    Morrisville PA

You paid with PayPal, you should be covered 100%, if this is not the case please respond and tell us all why not.

Again, if you paid with PayPal and he sent you nothing or crap, you should be covered 100%

WA6JFK