ad: M2Ant-1

Limited FCC Operations In The Event Of A Government Shutdown

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WA6ITF, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WA6ITF

WA6ITF Ham Member QRZ Page

2. AG6JU

AG6JU Guest

I heard some European country, to get Amateur Radio license , all you need is to apply online. that is good idea. it can reduce the cost of licensing.

3. WA7RBC

WA7RBC Ham Member QRZ Page

If this were to happen, I wonder how long it would take the malcontents to make a mess of commercial radio services, not to mention the amateur service.

4. KC9EE

KC9EE Ham Member QRZ Page

By the sounds of certain 75, 40 and 20 meter freqs, I believe we wouldn't have anything to lose. Of course I don't mean that. It's just pitiful to hear the language used and all the antics. Sounds remarkably similar to 11 meters. Of course China Town reminds me of China. Go figure.

5. K6FRG

K6FRG Ham Member QRZ Page

It appears that the licensing service is one of the things that will cease operations. That means people who pass the exams will have to wait to get their license until things start up again. Glad I already have my license.

6. N8KG

N8KG Ham Member QRZ Page

What would be any different than the way they are operating now? It seems very limited to me.

7. K4KYV

K4KYV Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Plus two Cracker Jax box tops with UPC.

8. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh boy! I'm gonna turn up my amp past 1500 watts! Maybe operate RTTY in the phone band!! Hope I can increase my W.A.S. count in Official Observer QSL cards!!!

9. NM1Z

NM1Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Goody goody, I can finally fire up that 4cx30,000 amplifier I built !!!!

10. W0BLH

W0BLH Ham Member QRZ Page

WASOO award

That is the WASOO award. Worked all states by Official Observer. I've only heard one person that was close.

11. N4CNC

N4CNC Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, now I really want to know what this guy does.

12. NM1Z

NM1Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Will catch you guys on the 11 meter dx window. I'll be running either CW or RTTY with my 4CX30000 amp on 27.085 !!!!

13. NM1Z

NM1Z Ham Member QRZ Page

"One (1) employee on detail to another agency will be retained to perform national security functions instrumental in the discharge of the President’s constitutional
    power. This is a full-time employee." Well, now I really want to know what this guy does...... He does absolutely nothing !!!!

14. K5CO

K5CO Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you seriously suggesting that some group of "malcontents" will mess radio up? Do you really think that the FCC has anything to do with the day to day operation of radio stations?? That would be an incredible stretch ............What kind of "mess" are you envisioning?

15. 2E0INV

2E0INV Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, Here in the UK once you pass your exam, you just enter you candidate number on the Ofcom site and you can choose your callsign. No waiting required :D.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.