ad: elecraft

Open Source Development for MMTTY, MMVARI, and MMSSTV

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA6YQ, Aug 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Mako JE3HHT, the author of MMTTY, MMVARI, and MMSSTV, has released these applications to open source development under the LGPL license. This license enables developers and companies to use and integrate MMTTY, MMSSTV, and MMVARI, while ensuring that all improvements to source code are made publicly available.

The MM-Open organization has been established to encourage and facilitate open source development. Anyone may create public or private branches of these applications. A set of Committers will maintain a master branch for each application; the initial Committers are Bob N4HY, Eric KE5DTO, Oba JA7UDE, and Steve N5AC. Packaged versions of MMTTY, MMVARI, and MMSSTV assembled from the master branches will continue to be available via web pages administered by Ken VE5KC:

http://hamsoft.ca/pages/mmtty.php

http://hamsoft.ca/pages/mmvari.php

http://hamsoft.ca/pages/mmsstv.php

Source code for these applications is available via GitHub, courtesy of FlexRadio.

Existing Yahoo Groups will continue to be used to convey defect reports and enhancement requests.

For additional information about the LGPL license, MM-Open governance model, and development process, see

http://mm-open.org/

Dave, AA6YQ (Secretary, MM-Open)

2. AH6OY

AH6OY Ham Member QRZ Page

The MM group of data programs are really nice.

3. G8KTX

G8KTX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there a chance that MMSSTV can be integrated into a future release of Ham Radio Deluxe to replace the present poor implementation?

4. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup, we'll even GPL the source.

We'll have to convert it from Borland style C++ to MSFT C++, but once that is done.. we can do it easy.

This will fit well with our new snap-in DLL interface. The interface allows end users to write their own modem DLL's and we handle the rest.

Joe Taylor is using that for the JT-65 and JT-9 modes.

5. KE6SLS

KE6SLS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That is GREAT news to come upon! Thank you for freeing this code. Would love to see an OS agnostic version for my all Linux shack!

Again, THANK YOU for this kind license!

j

6. W8JAA

W8JAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Well looks like the price of HRD will be going up , add in some free software and increase the price .

7. WB9IIV/SK2024

WB9IIV/SK2024 XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I think if it going to be used in HRD V6... it should also be used in V5... de wb9iiv

8. NA4IT

NA4IT Ham Member QRZ Page

"Open-source software (OSS) is computer software with its source code made available and licensed with a license in which the copyright holder provides the rights to study, change and distribute the software at no cost to anyone and for any purpose."

9. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

nope, it will stay at the same price. :)

10. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

We've put about 200 development hours into the new snap in DLL's in 6.1. We have to retrofit that to 6.0.. which will take about 40 man hours. At $125 an hour that's $5000 of development costs just to retrofit to 6.

We stopped development on 5 back in Feb 2013, when we released 6, but if some hams want to pay for the retrofit to 5, then we would be open to it.

11. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

DXLab interoperates with MMTTY, MMVARI, and MMSSTV now; this capability has been in broad use for many years.

DXLab also interoperates with MultiPSK, FLDigi, JT65-HF, WSJT-X, MixW, CW Skimmer, and DM780.

DXLab is completely free, and always will be.

Defects reported in DXLab are typically repaired within 24 hours. The backlog of reported but uncorrected defects in DXLab is 0.

Updates to DXLab components are automated and quick, initiated by a mouse click.

No DXLab user will ever be left behind.

www.dxlabsuite.com

Dave, AA6YQ

12. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave, I can't find the Makefile for the SSTVENG.DLL. Is that project available?

Current source compiled right the first time. Good job :)

13. KJ4TQ

KJ4TQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Ditto on Linux.

I run Linux 100% here and have been a UNIX developer (and MS too :mad:) in my earlier career. This would go a long way in making a dual boot system or WINE history for amateur apps.

Charlie
    KJ4TQ

14. K3NG

K3NG Ham Member QRZ Page

After these apps are ported to Linux, about all we need in my opinion is a robust open source contest program for Linux. If we had that, I could totally get Windows out of the shack.

15. K5TRI

K5TRI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Can you post the link to download the source code? I tried to locate it on the website but couldn't find it.
    Free software is a very basic factor for a free society so it's great that you also contribute to software freedom.

73 Mike K5TRI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.