ad: l-Heil
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl

Contribute
to QRZ

Default let me off the bus! [debian linux]

Alright, my bus directory (/~/.config/ibus/bus) is acting weird. When I run a gnome program, I get a message like this:

IBUS-WARNING **: The owner of /~/.config/ibus/bus is not [local user]!

If I use 'sudo chown' to change directory ownership back to the local user, I inevitably get

IBUS-WARNING **: The owner of /~/.config/ibus/bus is not root!

A directory can't be owned by root and a user at once. I don't think I deleted a crucial file. Perhaps I inadvertently modified a variable somewhere? I'm stumped. Ideas?

73, Jordan

It would probably be better to ask this on the debian-user mailing list and a number of folks are running GNOME are subscribed to that list. I don't see the issue since I don't use GNOME and Xfce doesn't put an ibus directory or that file under ~/.config so I can't help.
    Nate, Bremen, KS
    "Amateur radio--a real time social network using radio waves"

It might be worth renaming that directory. i.e., effectively deleting it but able to put it back if you need to.

I have no idea what it does but quite often a config directory or file will be recreated with reasonable default settings if it doesn't exist.

Google has a lot of information on this. Seems to be a bug related to another program that's installed. Read a few of the reports and act accordingly.
    [I]*censored*[/I]