Callsign
ad: dxeng

Thread: AD9850 HC_SR08 DDS module pinout?

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Heil
ad: l-Waters

Contribute
to QRZ

Default AD9850 HC_SR08 DDS module pinout?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pcs-AD9850-...item1c34c5a6a5

Got one of these AD9850 DDS modules and cannot find the actual schematic / description of the pin-outs.

Downloaded bunch of stuff from the vendor , but still no luck.
    What is “ZOUT1”, QOUT1”??

I can trace it , but if you read Chinese or KNOW the pins descriptions I would like to hear from you.
    73 Vaclav

Maybe this will help, from the Analog Devices ("AD") website:

http://www.analog.com/en/digital-to-...s/product.html

clip_image002_conew1.jpg

Ignore the type of crystal, but they all follow this pinout."ZOUT1" would be Sine1 and "QOUT1” the square wave output (I can't see the markings in your link) I think.

Sinewave output 2 in the pic above is the filtered output. The two VCC pins are interconnected, you only need to use one of them.

Also beware, yours is possibly a 3.3V unit. You will need to check the xtal part number to be sure.

Terry VK5TM
    Last edited by VK5TM; 07-21-2013 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Extra info added

Many thanks Terry.
    There are no visible data on crystal to tell me if it is good for 3.3 or 5 volts.
    Funny, the spec said " will work on 3.3 or 5 " I guess I'll put couple of diodes in series with the 5V volt to make sure or Google for crystal spec. Or just find 3.3V regulator HI HI HI.
    I suppose the LED could function as cheap supply indicator, but that would be after the fact if it is designed for 3.3V anyway. Bad idea!

So next question to the gurus – anybody got a simple amplifier to hook up to the output of the module, for buffering etc. I am just too lazy to Google for it HI HI HI.

73 Vaclav
    Last edited by AA7EJ; 07-21-2013 at 05:17 PM.