ad: l-assoc
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper

Default PSK

I use an FT-950 on PSK using the digital vox setting to activate transmit. The digital vox only functions when I turn on the VOX switch on the front panel. However, if I leave the VOX switch on after I have finished transmitting, the receive function does not work. It is necessary to turn off the VOX switch to receive. I have tried a variety of VOX menu settings, but I can't figure what is wrong. Any ideas?
    73, Jim W1FBV

I have used VOX in the CW mode with two different rigs with no problem, press the key and the rig goes to TX mode and stop sending , the RX comes on.
    Do you possibly have a residual 60 Hz hum or noise leaking thru, when you stop transmitting, keeping the vox active on transmit ? Try reducing your "VOX gain" just high enough to trip the TX mode.
    73.....JD, FISTS #3853,cc 455,SKCC # 1395,tribune #12,
    Official US Taxpayer

Hi Jim, Keith portable/2 near Albany...

I have the FT-450 and gave up on the digital VOX for the same reason. It was impossible to set the RX and TX audio without getting false triggering of the DVOX.

I went with different software for PSK, FLDigi, it was already set up to run rig control and PTT through the CAT port and has been flawless. Google FLDIGI and FLRIG for the FT-950. I am sure that it is supported by these excellent packages.

73, Keith, WB2VUO/2
    Home in Amherst, NY on weekends...