ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Heil

Contribute
to QRZ

Default NBEMS & 40 Meters

For my friends in Minnesota I have a question.....would there be any interest in starting a 40 Meter NBEMS net? Not sure if there any others that operate NBEMS in 40 but I think would be interesting to try.

your thoughts & 73,

Ben, KØBLR

Ben, if you wanted to start a daytime NBEMS net on 40, I think it would be well received. I've thought about doing it here, but have never got around to it. I have the 80 meter net tonight at 8 local time (3583.5 USB frequency, Olivia 8/500). You might be surprised at what a couple watts of Olivia will do under NVIS conditions. Try to pick a frequency where nobody will be offended - a little about 7100 might be a good place, but not into the slow speed CW guys on 7114 or 7122. I don't get many checkins from north of where you are, so maybe with net control in St. Cloud, that would change. Oddly enough, I have a VE3 in Thunder Bay who is a something of a regular, so I know they can hear us up there.
    EchoLink, IRLP, Allstar and DSTAR linking - adding interest to repeaters worldwide 24X7

what day of the week do you think would be best? I just ordered the 80 meter coil for the super antenna and I am going to order coax from from cable experts here soon. Maybe I will post that question the NBEMS list see what they say to.

Ben

Well, the people who will be able to make your net are probably home in the daytime, anyway, so the day of the week probably isn't real critical, though Saturday might be a good choice. Which Superantenna do you have, the vertical or the dipole?
    EchoLink, IRLP, Allstar and DSTAR linking - adding interest to repeaters worldwide 24X7

My other question Bill is don't I need a tuner to make this work. I think I saw a video of how to set the 817 up for it.

I have the vertical....one day I would like to get another one to form a dipole

I still have to get the interface to...I think you suggested the plug n play from west mountain.

Hey Bill do you think you can help me talk this idea up with section leadership......I'm not ready to start this yet because I still need some other stuff but any help you give me I would really appreciate it.