ad: l-assoc
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl
ad: l-tentec

Default Yaesu mail in rebate warning: taken by Rapid Rebates

Ugh...mail in rebates. So 1980's. Anyway, long story short- purchased a VX-6R from GigaParts, Yaesu USA is currently running a promotion through the end of the month, $50 off. Sounded like a great deal, a VX-6R for $219, they sell for that used with no warranty on Ebay.

So I took the required steps: mailed in the ORIGINAL proof of purchase, the ORIGINAL UPC code cut out from the box with the serial number, and the rebate form clearly filled out. Sent it Priority Mail with USPS delivery confirmation. They got it alright.

And guess what, the fine folks at RAPID REBATES did: (want to laugh? go Google RAPID REBATES RIPOFF, and take note of the "F" BBB rating) They declined, stating "denied- no serial number contained in submission, we will be sending you a letter..." In other words, these hoodlums stole my $50. Want to have more fun? No mailing address (other than the PO BOX in Arizona), and the phone number I can find 1-800-619-4703 rings to eternity during business hours and you get a generic voicemail telling you to leave a name and number. You guessed it, no one calls back- imagine that. I am still scratching my head how this could even happen, I sent the form in WITH THE UPC AS REQUIRED WITH THE SERIAL NUMBER ON IT, filled out the form correctly, and even made a copy. Scoundrels, forgot who I was dealing with. If I would have known they were using these criminals, I would have passed on the deal to begin with.

I've sent two emails to Yaesu USA asking for help in either contacting these hoodlums they chose to contract with to process their rebates or help me recover my $50. No response yet. Will call them on Monday and see if I can get anywhere. I also plan to file a mail fraud complaint with USPS, not that it will go anywhere, but at least it will produce a paper trail with these scam artists.

It really sours me on the whole situation, love the radio (have had several of them)- but why do I feel TAKEN? I've always been hesitant about rebates, and this further reinforces that. What's more, since I cut out the UPC from the box (which is REQUIRED), the box is now disfigured: not a big deal, but just another reminder of how I got robbed by Rapid Rebates.

We will see how Yaesu USA steps up to rectify this situation, they are the ones who chose to contract with a shady operation like Rapid Rebates. I just wanted to give my fellow ham a heads up and if you do choose to buy one of the rigs on this current promotion, document everything and be prepared to battle with these crooks to get your money. I know $50 may not be alot of money to many of you, it is to me-and it is the principle of it. A theft is a theft, and these people (Rapid Rebates) have a history of not paying out and then ignoring consumers complaints. Sounds like a great way to pocket money from the vendor and not pay out. Nice scam they got going.

Hey Yaesu, you really need to re-evaluate who you choose to do business with. Why not just consider an instant off like Icom and Kenwood do? Saves the whole hassle of rebates to begin with, and avoids these nasty situations which just sour a customer and encourage us NOT to buy your products in the future? Just a thought.

Most rebates suck.

When you remove the UPC and send it in, You Void the store warranty.
    "Theory only works perfect in a vacuum." KA9JLM Don

Go to the local post office and speak with the Postmaster. I have been successful in getting the Postmaster to open a fraud case and collect my money. Not all the time, but on the couple of times they did I was happy to get the money.
    God bless America

Interesting. I just sent in a rebate for a FT-857D I bought a few weeks ago. I'm curious as to how it will turn out.

IIRC, I took a picture of the UPC and printed it out.

I dislike rebates. Most folks don't even bother to send them in and I suspect retailers know this. I have always gotten my due even if it takes some doing, if you know what I mean. Most went smoothly but a couple took some "convincing" like your rapid rebates (what a funny name). I don't think they "stole" your money since they are just middlemen but do what you need to do to get your rebate.

I've done 3 Yaesu rebates in the last year with zero issues.

Dave
    W7UUU
    My site: www.W7UUU.net - it's not all about yew ewe you!

One of the sales pitches the rebate processors make when selling their services to the manufacturers is how low a percentage of submitted rebates get honored. Huh? Exactly the opposite of what a manufacturer would want when it comes to customer satisfaction.
    Free Speech is a right, not an obligation!

Beautiful Downtown Colorado. (Montrose, SW corner)

I once lost a rebate cause I mailed it in too early. Seems the offer had a starting date!!

I've read that only about 25%(?) of rebates are mailed in, so they are not a big loss to the mfr.

Remember- manufacturers are not out there to do YOU any favors.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

Quote Originally Posted by W7UUU View Post
    I've done 3 Yaesu rebates in the last year with zero issues.

Dave
    W7UUU
    No problem with my $75 FT-950 rebate either. Keep trying and remember honey works better...

I'm not asking for a favor, I want what is rightfully mine. The whole issue stems from Yaesu's choice of rebate processors, Rapid Rebates. I had an issue with a rebate on some laptop RAM from Newegg back in 2011- same game, different vendor. Back then, RR claims I never sent a proof of purchase. Well you don't get a "sales receipt" from Newegg, you get a packing slip- as you do from 99.9 percent of other places you order online from like Amazon, etc. do.

I reached out to Newegg and they made it right by crediting the amount ($20) back to my Visa card. It did take a couple of weeks, but they agreed that Rapid Rebates acted shady. So it's all about proof, and even then- you're at their mercy, and they, like the insurance cartels, are all about paying out the least amount possible. I get that- but don't be shady about it. If someone sends all the required materials up front, and does so within the rules as written, don't screw em around and pay them what you owe them.

But that isn't how Rapid Rebates does business. Just Google around, or look at their stellar (NOT) BBB rating. They are a slimy company.
    Hopefully Yaesu "The Radio" will force them to do the right thing and pay up or step up and do it themselves. I will post Yaesu's response (when I get it) either from email or in a phone call I will place this coming Monday.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast