ad: l-assoc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-WarrenG

Default Drake Help

I have a B line Drake that is causing me issues. I try to answer CQ's on it and get no response. I have a TR4C also and always get responses to it. Both are run through the same antenna and tuner using an antenna switch run backwards....one antenna multiple rigs.... Both show the same wattage so I know there is output. When I have the switch on the TX4B I get no reply. I then switch to the TR4C and get a reply right away. What do I need to look at? I am totally confused.

Are you using the tune feature to check the power output? How is the output when you talk into the microphone on the TX4B? Is the microphone on the TX4B good?

Are you sure the TX4B is on the same frequency as the TR4C? What are you using for a receiver with the TX4B? Are the controls set proper for the control of the TX4B? Are you using the same sideband on the TX4B as the TR4C?

Way too many questions have to be answered.

Glen, K9STH

Thanks...I could have been more detailed. I am using a R4B. Yes shows output on tune and on SSB. Using correct SSB. Does it on Receiver controlled, transmitter controlled and separate. I am in the correct sb. For instance yesterday I had both rigs tuned to 7.240 where a guy was calling cq for a QSO party. I heard him on both as I switched between rigs. If I answered him on the b line I got nothing for a reply, meter moved and output on the watt met was good. Switched to the tr4c and he came right back. Meter showed the same. Mic is good. I can't figure this one out.

Do this:

Tune the TR4C and the RX4B to the same frequency. Connect the TX4B to a dummy load and transmit while listening on the TR4C. That should tell you if there is any problem concerning the TX4B frequency, modulation, etc. The signal from the TX4B should not be "off frequency", on the wrong sideband, etc.

Glen, K9STH

Will try that. Thanks.

I suspect you're not really transceiving with the B line and the T4X is on a different frequency than you think it is.

Check the interconnecting patch cables, etc.
    What if soy milk is just regular milk introducing itself in Spanish?