ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-rl
ad: l-sarc

Default MY TAKE ON JT65 HF COMFORT

I downloaded JT65 HF Comfort yesterday from:
    http://funkamateure-dresden-ov-s06.d...=178&mode=edit I downloaded "neueste version JT65-HF Com fort 3.3" from that page.

Here is a translation of the German webpage. https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/jt65-hf/dbo0D5D0XGE

I set it up and it is working fine, hand in hand with JT Alert v2.1.1
    It also works perfectly with my Ham Radio Deluxe v 6 & HRD Logbook. I did have to set it up to point the logbook to C:\USERS\OWNER\APP DATA\LOCAL\JT-65HF\JT65HF_LOG.ADI Your setup path may vary slightly.

It allows me to use the improvements of Comfort, while retaining all the features and functions of JT Alert, which is docked to the bottom of the GUI, just as I did on regular JT65 HF. Best of all, even with the language differences in the translation, there is only a very small learning curve, since it is almost identical to JT65 HF.

You do not need to remove regular JT65 HF from your computer. You will need to reconfigure your setup and macros in the Comfort version, but that does not effect the regular JT65 HF setup, and does not take long since you can refer back to regular JT65 HF for your settings. Copy and Paste your macros.

It is my understanding that it works perfectly with MIX W Logbook also. It requires Windows XP or better. I am running it on Windows 7.
    Try it, I think you will like it. I do suggest you set a System Restore Point prior to downloading.
    73, Randy K5RCD south Texas
    ARRL VE

I have tried the JT65hf Comfort and so far it's working great.It works great with my MixW logbook

What is the advantage of Comfort over the normal JT65HF ?

Mel G0GQK

Quote Originally Posted by G0GQK View Post
    What is the advantage of Comfort over the normal JT65HF ?

Mel G0GQK
    Yeah! What he said!

The improvements are listed here: http://k5rcd.org/german_to_english_t...%20Webpage.htmThe screenshots below depict the improvements.

It's a free download and can run parallel to regular JT65 HF until you are used to it, (which doesn't take long) then you can delete the regular JT65 HF program.

This works with HRD Logbook as .adi file, and MixW Logbooks.
    It works with JT Alert, just like regular JT65 HF. No need to re download JT Alert except to update to latest version.

COMFORT LOGGED CALL STATUS CONFIGURATION.PNGCOMFORT CALLSIGNS IN WATERFALL AND WORKED STATUS (UNDER Q).jpgCOMFORT DXCC STATISTICS.jpg
    ARRL VE

Randy,
    I find that in the "Q" column many calls are listed as worked and they are not in my log.
    Do you know where they get the information for this? What file?

Bob W2RXG

Bob:

As I understand it (and I may be wrong - if so maybe someone will chime in here with a correction) the W does not mean that a particular station was logged, but that a particular DXCC was logged. It is logged when you click on the "LOG QSO" box.

It is logged as an .adi file to a location similar to C:// USERS / LOCAL / APP DATA / JT65HF / jt65hf_.adi I think it shares the same file as the original JT65 HF created if you previously ran the non Comfort version. If you follow the path to the .adi file, you can open it with Windows note pad and see what's in there. If you're not using Windows, you will have to find the path yourself. That .adi file is the one HRD Logbook, and I think MixW and other .adi logging programs consult when they import the QSOs.

Someone please enlighten me if this is not correct.

Also make sure you are using the latest version of JT Alert, which has had several recent changes, and also functions with the WSJTX - JT9 program.

Take a look at the German to English translation at http://k5rcd.org/german_to_english_t...%20Webpage.htm
    ARRL VE

Looks cool.... I need to DL that.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ
    I'm a Prisoner (FH#1125), Locked up in Hellschreiber.
    30 Meter Digital Group #1076 - JT65-HF Addict (currently in treatment)

jt65-hf 1.0.9.3 has a bug from a long time ago.
    When transmitting in mode single bw and is receiving a text from other station with RRR or 73 without any callsign, the program stops working and needs to close and open again.
    This problem only appears in SINGLE BW but not in MULTI BW
    I need to work in SINGLE BW because my PC is very slow.
    If you have a fast PC it's not necessary to work in single BW and the problem does not appear.
    Many stations send RRR and 73 without callsigns. I don't know why. It's a terrible problem.

Quartier la Tuilière 26170 MOLLANS SUR L'OUVEZE #FRANCE

hello all,
    I have upload version JT65-HF-Comfort3.4 on XP pro
    When logging QSO in HRD I had an error said that date format is no correct
    0001ScreenHunter_ May. 30 17.01_Pro.jpg
    How some one have resolved it !
    Thanks Michel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast