ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper

The sad thing is I highly doubt this stops his activities. If they are smart, which I know the law enforcement in Texas is, they'll be keeping tabs on the guy. I met my wife in Texas, and have visited the Fort Hood/Killeen/Copperas Cove area a lot; they do not play around down there. They still have laws allowing ranchers to kill cattle and horse rustlers if they catch them.
    [B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#0000cd]"The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it is scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth. It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based!"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][COLOR=red][SIZE=4]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd][SIZE=4]Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-E[/SIZE][/COLOR]

MLD:

The laws that allowed execution of horse thieves and cattle rustlers without trial in Texas have been long gone. Now, in some counties, the Commissioner of Herds and Hides is still "on the books" although I don't know of anyone running for that office for decades.

The Commissioner of Herds and Hides principle function is to regulate cattle drives through the county.

Glen, K9STH

Quote Originally Posted by K9STH View Post
    MLD:

The laws that allowed execution of horse thieves and cattle rustlers without trial in Texas have been long gone. Now, in some counties, the Commissioner of Herds and Hides is still "on the books" although I don't know of anyone running for that office for decades.

The Commissioner of Herds and Hides principle function is to regulate cattle drives through the county.

Glen, K9STH
    I'm sure you are right. I'm not from Texas, but when I visit a lot of Texans seem to be proud of that law or old law as you said. My wife grew up there so I get down there every few years.
    [B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#0000cd]"The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it is scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth. It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based!"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][COLOR=red][SIZE=4]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd][SIZE=4]Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-E[/SIZE][/COLOR]

As far as I know, the elected position of Commissioner of Herds and Hides is still "on the books" here in Collin County. I though about filing to run for the position! The county would have to provide office space although there is nothing that says the county would have to pay any salary. Of course, the office space would probably be a desk sitting besides the boiler in the basement!

Glen, K9STH

A friend of mine in California ran for water commissioner and won. As such, the water board meets a few times each year. I remember that he got a county vehicle to drive as part of the deal, and I believe he received a small stipend, as well.
    EchoLink, IRLP, Allstar and DSTAR linking - adding interest to repeaters worldwide 24X7

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4