Callsign
ad: elecraft

Thread: Anyone have problems registering JA call signs ?

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Heil
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Waters

Contribute
to QRZ

Question Anyone have problems registering JA call signs ?

I have noticed something over time and it seams to occur more often. Sometimes when I enter a JA contact call sign either into QRZ, my log, a cluster etc, FlDigi, HRD you name it, there is a notice that the call is not recognized. It happens a certain percent of the time consistently over the last two years. It's only JA, no other country. I work a ton of JA's as they are close, and it never happens with any other country, Russia, SE Asia , AUS. etc. Has anyone else noticed this, maybe if you don't have a lot of JA's you would not. Just curious. Do they have a different system of call sign reporting that maybe our registry does not pick up ? It's not specific to QRZ by the way, its every data base available. If it's not recognized by one, its not recognized at all, thats what I noticed. It's frustrating because it messes up your log that is for sure. And of course LOTW and eQSL won't accept them, as I wouldn't expect them to, since they go as unregistered.
    Hotel Alpha Oscar..

Possibly operators who may be new and/or not registered on any base you use for identification.

It's frustrating because it messes up your log that is for sure.
    My paper log never rejects any calls I enter into it.

If the electronic databases don't want them, I guess I'll just keep them myself.

On another note, sure seems to be lot's of JA's on 15 m at sunset lately huh?
    73 de Charles - KC8VWM
    North American QRP CW Club #3159, SKCC# 5752

Quote Originally Posted by KC8VWM View Post
    My paper log never rejects any calls I enter into it.

If the electronic databases don't want them, I guess I'll just keep them myself.

On another note, sure seems to be lot's of JA's on 15 m at sunset lately huh?
    Absolutely !! Pile ups on JA's 15 meters SSB and digital at sunset. All week. If you like PSK 31 / RTTY , check that out around 21.070 its a party, and all casual contacts. I had to quit last pm because I got tired of logging, lol.. One after the next constantly. Best time is 0800Z.
    Hotel Alpha Oscar..

No trouble with finding them, I do have some trouble working them. Hmm, maybe the $5000 rent-a-station is a good idea after all.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ4VTH View Post
    No trouble with finding them, I do have some trouble working them. Hmm, maybe the $5000 rent-a-station is a good idea after all.
    These are most of my contacts. But I'll rent my station to you for just $5 / JA QSO. That is a good deal.
    Hotel Alpha Oscar..