ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl

Default I was Elmered by an Elmer named Elmer

Just a quick post to thank my dad (whose call I have) for all he did: Elmer Wallace Thomas "Wally" who passed in the 80's. Anyone here ever QSO with him? I got the electronics bug early because of him. I've enjoyed a life full of fun with radio of all types, high end audio and computers. I have home movies of him hoisting a vacuum tube computer into Burroughs Corp in the late 50's. I remember being mesmerized at age 6 or 7 when he lit a fluorescent tube putting it in close proximity to the new 15M ground plane he had just made with the amp keyed. Thanks dad, I miss you.

ET
    "If at first you don't succeed, keep on suckin' 'till you do suck seed." Curley Howard, Three Stooges-1936 [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by W3SQE View Post
    Just a quick post to thank my dad (whose call I have) for all he did: Elmer Wallace Thomas "Wally" who passed in the 80's. Anyone here ever QSO with him? I got the electronics bug early because of him. I've enjoyed a life full of fun with radio of all types, high end audio and computers. I have home movies of him hoisting a vacuum tube computer into Burroughs Corp in the late 50's. I remember being mesmerized at age 6 or 7 when he lit a fluorescent tube putting it in close proximity to the new 15M ground plane he had just made with the amp keyed. Thanks dad, I miss you.

ET
    Dads are the best kinds of elmers. My dad passed away in 1993, but taught me everything I know about electric trains, helicopters and .049 engines. And a little about electronics, too.
    "The more you know, the less you don't know."

My 9 year old son told me the other day that ham radio seemed "kinda cool" - I'll do my best to pay it forward.