Callsign
ad: elecraft
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Velveeta commercial features amateur radio

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-tentec
  1. #1

    Default Velveeta commercial features amateur radio

    Anyone else see the new tv commercial for Velveeta, features ham radio, and "the guy in the basement talking to Mongolia"....

  2. #2

    Default

    Hi...yeah, just saw it, but it shows a CB radio, not ham...what could have been cool, has been ruined.

    73,
    Dan N9WX

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Marlborough, NH - Live Free or Die
    Posts
    4,821

    Default

    Why ruined? Will the average viewer know the difference? We STILL get 'press' and that's worth a lot!

    BTW, this is at least the third thread on this commercial...
    Nevermind...

  4. #4

    Default

    I prefer squeeze cheese on Ritz crackers.
    I thought I could get rich in the stock market by investing in
    Viagra, Geritol, And Ginseng but my stocks didn't rise to the occasion.
    Hell, I figured that there was always somebody somewhere either trying to
    Get it up
    Get it going
    or
    Trying to remember what to do with it.
    73 De Bubba
    [COLOR=#0000CD]4 out of 5 Seniors prefer the taste of
    ALPO over other leading National Brands
    [/COLOR]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    4,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KB1NXE View Post
    Why ruined? Will the average viewer know the difference? We STILL get 'press' and that's worth a lot!

    BTW, this is at least the third thread on this commercial...
    Quite true the average person has no clue what amateur radio is. Often they see an amateur putting up an antenna and they will ask if you're one them thar CBer's. They know what CB is at least there's a lot more about that service then ours.
    If the general public gets the idea they can use CB to talk to Mongolia they may just do that. I doubt the CB crowded is even going to mention amateur radio to them but will, instead, direct them on how to buy a linear, put up a six element beam, proper use of an echo mic, roger beep functions and how to open up their radio for them extrie channels.
    If this makes folks curious then they may just find out about amateur radio mostly by accident.
    BTW there are other posts on this comercial? Must have missed em.
    Have fun
    73
    Gary

  6. #6

    Default

    Well I don't think it would have been too difficult for them to do a little research and get it right. I bet they probably have a few hams working with the company somewhere. It's just a cheesy commercial all the way around.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Washington, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,729

    Default

    I don't watch commercials, so I probably will never see it.

    That is why remote controls have the ability to change channels, NO BS Commercials.

    Hi Jamie.
    Politicians...Round em up...Drown them all and start over !

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Marlborough, NH - Live Free or Die
    Posts
    4,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KO6WB View Post
    Quite true the average person has no clue what amateur radio is. Often they see an amateur putting up an antenna and they will ask if you're one them thar CBer's. They know what CB is at least there's a lot more about that service then ours.
    If the general public gets the idea they can use CB to talk to Mongolia they may just do that. I doubt the CB crowded is even going to mention amateur radio to them but will, instead, direct them on how to buy a linear, put up a six element beam, proper use of an echo mic, roger beep functions and how to open up their radio for them extrie channels.
    If this makes folks curious then they may just find out about amateur radio mostly by accident.
    BTW there are other posts on this comercial? Must have missed em.
    Have fun
    73
    Gary
    Been over in the Rag Chew forum.

    http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php...ese-Commercial

    http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php...-Ametuer-radio!
    Nevermind...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Ponied up to the Bar, with an umbrella in my drink.
    Posts
    9,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WW3S View Post
    Anyone else see the new tv commercial for Velveeta, features ham radio, and "the guy in the basement talking to Mongolia"....
    Sorry. No.

    So? Is it any gouda?
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •