ad: l-Heil
ad: l-rl
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-innov
ad: l-WarrenG

Contribute
to QRZ

Cool

What i think about arrl proposal they should make just a novice lisences open it up to every body no code

Heard this before. Status quo.

sigh........

Unhappy

Forgive me, kp5bgo I may have typed in your callsign incorrectly, but I cannot seem to find it on QRZ.com or on the FCC database. #Is the callsign correct? #I see this is your first post on QRZ.com. #Welcome! # #
    Adam
    K5AHH

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. --Sir Winston Churchill

Unhappy

Should the applicant have to send in a form or should the license just be attached to the radio when you buy it?

Larry
    W8AMD

Slackware Linux [URL="http://www.slackware.com"]http://www.slackware.com[/URL]

"Rudeness is a weak person's imitation of strength." Unknown

What we obtain easily we value little. What we have to strive for we hold close to our hearts.

I didn't know there is a kp5 call... It was my understanding that kd5 was exhausted and went to ke5. Then again, I am unsure of how it works.

What do you mean, open it up to everybody? There is still going to be a test for the license... just not code as the current proposal stands, and I think that is just fine. Where I have a problem is us tech that would be auto-upgraded to general. I would say thanks for the offer, but no thanks.

Maybe... keep the tech license, without letting anyone test for it any more. Then, the current techs could choose to stay techs, or take the written test for General and upgrade. As I've said before, I have no problems with the current testing "pyramid." Change does seem to be coming though. I just hope in the end, it will work out for the best for the service.
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Only 5 posts under the original, and we are already WAAAAYYYY off the subject, which was suppose to be the "Band Plan" wasn't it ? Heavy Sigh

Jim

Arrow

If this tread continues we will soon have to ask the question of what is a call?
    What was this tread about ?
    Band plans, yes i'm for that, let me play the drum!
    73'S JIM KG4RYT
    147.475 MHZ
    EDEN, NORTH CAROLINA