ad: l-Waters
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: l-AmericanRadio
ad: l-rl
ad: l-tentec

Default Idiom Press still in business??

Purchased a SCAT-1 on January 11th. The product never arrived. Been trying via email and phone calls to contact Idiom Press. Left voice messages and no email returns for over a week. No return calls or emails from Idiom. Wonder if they are no longer in business.

If you do eventually receive it I hope you like it better than I did. I pawned my SCAT-1 off on QTH.com roughly a week after receiving it............Wasn't impressed with it at all, your mileage may (hopefully) vary.

Tom KCW

Someone else wondered about pressing business with this company:
    http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php...ighlight=idiom

Idiom Press is one of those Ham Run businesses that are secondary to the person running it. In other words, it's not his day job. After the Dad passed the business to the son, this has been his way of doing business. You'll likely get the filter before an answer.
    Nevermind...

Quote Originally Posted by KB1NXE View Post
    Idiom Press is one of those Ham Run businesses that are secondary to the person running it. In other words, it's not his day job. After the Dad passed the business to the son, this has been his way of doing business. You'll likely get the filter before an answer.
    Correct or find him on Skype.
    73 de Fred N0AZZ

The License is Only Your Starting Point in Radio!
    MVDX/CC of SW MO., DX Hogs, OARS, NARC, NCDXF
    ARRL member, ARRL and W5YI VE
    DX the thrill of the chase

""D-STAR making use of the 2/ 440m repeaters for real world Digital Voice usage around town and around the world""

" Not one of us can do what all of us can do " ** Max Lucado

Hi,

Fully satisfy until last week with my IDIOM Press interface Board allowing YAESU G-1000 DX rotator remote control via HRD 5.24.
    Unfortunatly during waranty timesome failure happen mahing the remote control impossible.
    Requesting for repair instruction as indicated on product note, untill today i get no answer from IDIOM Company.
    Product seems cheaps, working fine and easy to install but unfortunatly service and support are poor... May be because of cheap priced devices ?

In fine I decide to repair by myself and after replacing the EIA-232 DRIVER/RECEIVER chip (MAX 232IN) everything works again.
    When you have any communication problem try this solution, it's also very cheap.

F4GZJ
    Christian HONNONS