ad: l-assoc
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-innov
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters

Quote Originally Posted by MAXAND View Post
    I can survive with it but I want to let you know that I read that book back and forth couple times and ready to go and get at least technician license.
    Maxand-

Don't just take the technician test. If you pass it, go for the General and Extra also. You can take one after the other at the same testing session at no additional charge. With your knowlege and experience in electronics, I would be surprised if you didn't make at least General.

Quote Originally Posted by AC4BB View Post
    Question: If, Icom factory serviced why would it arriive back stuck in transmit and needing additional work performed?
    Possible they just fixed what part they were asked to fix and nothing else.
    de Jim

Come on guys, be nice. The man is a nice sounding multi lingual guy asking for help, don't give him trouble. Help him... It's not like some of the recent pompous post where the OP comes out swinging at the help, that needed a smack down. This man needs your guidance, and he is generously asking those that may contribute to his question for help.
    Hotel Alpha Oscar..

Ocean Springs, MS (often portable from Moss Point)

Quote Originally Posted by WW7F View Post
    Nice that SOME are here to help him if theycan, curious how many came to gawk looking for blood and seeing none just have to holler "fight" in so many words where there is no problem to begin with!
    We need more things like this , help others and not say I got mine to heck with others.
    I think there is hope for the hobby if folks still try to assist others.
    I admittedly was wrong, health problems do that to me sometimes I had that confused with soemthing else, My bad
    Interesting how some self imagined alpha dawgs will instigate instead of help someone.
    Thankfrul for the percentage of those who DO help I am sure it is apreciated by those who ask for the help we can all be Elmers in that sense IMHO 73 all, MAx I hope you have your problem solved, many good people on site, welcome and hope you get your license as well, that is a very nice radio to have!
    Michelle
    I think in wanting to help MAXAND a lot of us jumped in making assumptions. My first assumption was that the easiest fix would be if the radio were just not set up correctly. As he gave us more information, we realized our assumptions were wrong. Frankly, it sounds like MAXAND knows quite a bit more about modern electronics than most of us that tried to "help."

Hats off to you MAXAND for staying polite and even laughing at himself (something many of us are incapable of doing) and showing his class!

Welcome to ham radio, MAX. Why not send an e-mail to your section manager, introduce yourself, and get his help to get linked in to your local ham community?

73, Jim N3AWS

Quote Originally Posted by KB9UWU View Post
    I honestly don't no what your doing rong. Everything sounds rite.

I'd start with 14.313MHz
    "He should learn to speak ham by reading a "get your license" book first."

Bro,

I don't know what makes you feel good about yourself, but if making fun of this guy in obvious need of help is your form of entertainment, you are making the ham community look very bad. Why do you do this ? Have we no heart ?
    Hotel Alpha Oscar..

Now I look at my Icom radio and think that if I will get the same back in that ages Im definitely start doing this.Well...now Im 42 and I think may be its too late to do all of this???I dont know.
    It's definitely NOT too late. I was coming up to 40 years old when I got interested in radio again, and I have had a brilliant time with it over the past few years. I am really enjoying CW - something that I would never have dreamed of enjoying when I was a young lad! Keep at it, and have fun.
    Pete M3KXZ
    GQRP 11767, SKCC 10219.

Quote Originally Posted by M3KXZ View Post
    It's definitely NOT too late. I was coming up to 40 years old when I got interested in radio again, and I have had a brilliant time with it over the past few years. I am really enjoying CW - something that I would never have dreamed of enjoying when I was a young lad! Keep at it, and have fun.
    thanks.I started to lean code morse using android soft and hope ill be fine.

thanks.I started to lean code morse using android soft and hope ill be fine.
    The club up in Auburn has an online Tech course. It is primarily the same material in the ARRL Tech Exam Study Guide, but the presentation is different.

http://www.w6ek.org/elmerhelp.html

The Rubicon Trail Foundation has classes in El Dorado Hills or Placerville. No classes are schedule, but it doesn't hurt to email them if you are interested.

http://rubicontrail.org/RTF-HamRadios.htm

Or you can try the club for Yolo County.

http://www.yars.org/classes.html

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6