ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Heil
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl

Contribute
to QRZ

Default SDR's ?

When I first heard the term SDR I thought it meant, single digit readout, like the early CB or 2M FM radios that had channel numbers. I thought it was to help eliminate the complex thought process involved in getting a radio onto a specific frequency. Good for getting new ops on the air quickly.
    Anyway, it was actually short for "Software Disaster Radio", part of EM-Con.
    I don't want one because I hate computers. They are good for e-mail and not RF communication, as far as I am concerned.
    Forgive me for my Luddite rant, I also prefer CW to that other stuff cluttering up the bands.
    73...JD
    Post Script; I also hear that most SDRs can not properly generte CW keying without chopping it up.
    73.....JD, FISTS #3853,cc 455,SKCC # 1395,tribune #12,
    Official US Taxpayer

Ocean Springs, MS (often portable from Moss Point)

Does anyone have any experience with the Apache SDR's that advertise here on QRZ?

Quote Originally Posted by K8JD View Post
    When I first heard the term SDR I thought it meant, single digit readout, like the early CB or 2M FM radios that had channel numbers. I thought it was to help eliminate the complex thought process involved in getting a radio onto a specific frequency. Good for getting new ops on the air quickly.
    Anyway, it was actually short for "Software Disaster Radio", part of EM-Con.
    I don't want one because I hate computers. They are good for e-mail and not RF communication, as far as I am concerned.
    Forgive me for my Luddite rant, I also prefer CW to that other stuff cluttering up the bands.
    73...JD
    Post Script; I also hear that most SDRs can not properly generte CW keying without chopping it up.
    Thank you for the info, Grandpa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2