ad: elecraft

Attention 3-Land Extra Class License Holders

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by AB3MV, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AB3MV

AB3MV Ham Member QRZ Page

If you have been looking for a 1x2, I withdrew my application to get N3RQ back (the status of the application should change to "withdrawn" in a few hours). The two-year grace period for N3RQ ends on 3/8/2011. I would like to see N3RQ stay in district.

2. AC4BB

AC4BB Ham Member QRZ Page

If, you don't mind my asking, Why did you refuse that nice call?

3. AB3MV

I do not want to give up my current call sign to get it back. My current call sign is a sequentially issued "initials" call sign (my first and last initials are "M" and "V").

4. K9XR

K9XR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You could do what everybody else does. Let AB3MV go and get N3RQ back. Start up a bogus radio club and get a new 2 X 3 CALL. Trade in the 2 X 3 for AB3MV. I doubt if anyone will go after AB3MV, but I suppose it is possible. A lot of guys do that to get their original call back, even if they are 2 X 3, 1 X 3, or 2 X 2 calls.

5. AB3MV

I like the fact that my current call sign is HA, not HV. I have no desire whatsoever to the reenter the world of rented call signs.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  6. K9XR

K9XR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am pretty sure that HV stands for Vanity. What does HA stand for?

7. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think it means "amateur, sequentially issued".

73 de Jim, N2EY (sequentially issued in 1977)

8. AB3MV

Arrrg! That's what I get for editing my original posting and not proofreading my changes.

9. AB3MV

Vanity licenses, while issued from the same call sign pool as amateur licenses, belong to a different service group at the FCC.

HA = Amateur
    HV = Vanity

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.