Callsign
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Shipping to the lower 48 only..........

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-Heil
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl

Contribute
to QRZ

As an Alaskan that shops eBay now and again, I'm frustrated with this exclusive statement. I run into this twice... where I really wanted an item, and the seller wouldn't budge one iota. I was willing to make up or cover the difference in shipping, ship to a verified USPS address, and most every other reason, but the sellers wouldn't budge.

I chalk it up to general ignorance and an unwillingness to do business. Their loss... I can go elsewhere or bide my time.
    Not in but around Palmer, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by NL7W View Post
    As an Alaskan that shops eBay now and again, I'm frustrated with this exclusive statement. I run into this twice... where I really wanted an item, and the seller wouldn't budge one iota. I was willing to make up or cover the difference in shipping, ship to a verified USPS address, and most every other reason, but the sellers wouldn't budge.

I chalk it up to general ignorance and an unwillingness to do business. Their loss... I can go elsewhere or bide my time.
    I dont sell much, but I will sell to people in snow-land if you will visit anyone who rips me off so I dont have to drive...

Quote Originally Posted by KF6ABU View Post
    Because I would drive to "the lower 48" to have a face to face with a scammer, driving to Alaska and Hawaii is very difficult.
    When driving to AK or HI, just put the top up on your convertible.

Quote Originally Posted by WA7PRC View Post
    When driving to AK or HI, just put the top up on your convertible.
    Especially if you're driving to KH6-land...

Quote Originally Posted by WA9SVD View Post
    Especially if you're driving to KH6-land...
    KH1-9 are evenly difficult to drive to!

Quote Originally Posted by NL7W View Post

I can totally understand that frustration. I don't get it either - as long as a buyer is will to pay the sometimes
    VERY significant difference to ship to AK or HI why not? The ONLY reason I don't ship outside the USA anymore
    is the hassle of the customs forms and declarations. I want "click and ship" and drop it on the counter the PO
    without an hour long wait to be told I used the wrong customs form or whatever.

Dave
    W7UUU
    My site: www.W7UUU.net - it's not all about yew ewe you!

I often post in my ads CONUS only, mainly because I usually offer free shipping. Yes, it does cost considerably more to ship out of CONUS via UPS or USPS. Sometimes, depending on the item, I'll ship to Alaska or Hawaii, or I'll split shipping. I once shipped shirts to Hawaii and Australia via USPS. Guess which one was the cheaper rate. It wasn't Hawaii.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3