ad: l-assoc
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl

Default DMU monitor& RFI noise

Good morning My Good Brainiacs !!!! I just hooked up my new station with the DMU and a 20 inch monitor. Now I get noise on almost all frequencies until turn OFF the monitor. Is there an easy fix ? or should I move the monitor as far away from my tuner and rig as possible ? I do own a handfull of ferrites.

It's worth trying clip-on ferrites on the monitor cable and maybe even the mains cable.
    73 de G4SKO Mark
    All we need is radio ga ga.

I had a problem with one of my LED monitors. The wall wort was the problem, and not the monitor itself. Used and old linear supply to run the monitor and all is FB now. JB KB1YFD

YOU WHERE RIGHT ON !!!!!!! I switched to the other side of my bench with NO improvement . So I started unplugging components . I found that my monitor cable was too short to move that far. Being 30 miles to town I chose to move it back to my right side of my bench . Then I unplugged the monitor power supply from my noise suppression power outlets where all my radio and other rig items are plugged,then plugged the monitor power into a simple wall socket by itself, and BINGO !!!!!!! NO HASH NOISE !!!!!! I AM ONE HAPPY RADIO CAMPER !!!!!!! cheers from whitefish montana !!!!73 too

HEY MR. RADIO GA GA !!!!!!!! Thanks for the info Mr. Mark.! I found the answer and as usual it was in my face . I [after four hours of radio hell] found that unplugging the monitor power from my multi-outlet that my radio and other station items where using, then plugging the monitor power into a simple wall outlet by itself .......and GA GA GA GA GA !!!! NO MORE NOISE!!!! MY DMU AND ITS VISUAL DELIGHTS ARE FUN AGAIN !!!!!! Thanks again for your rapid response my friend !!! HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!! from mr.newbie in montana.kf7tfo 73!