ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-innov

Default Yaesu vx-7r factory antenna setup

VX-7R FACTORY ANTENNA SETUP
    What is the correct way to put this antenna together for normal use. Do you leave it together for all bands? Thanks Ron

For 2 meters and the 440 band you use the bottom section only. Add the top section for using it on 6 meters.
    If you don't have a manual for it, you can find it with a quick search.
    "Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to receive."
    -Otto Watt Sept. 5 1925

Thanks all
    Do we assume for 220 we use only the bottom section? It also says you can use the two section for higher frequencies also. Thanks all Ron

I use bottom section with the short stub for 2m and 220.

My understanding from reading the manual is that the main section plus tiny stub are good for 2m/220/70cm. Replace the tiny stub with the bigger end for all bands. If I'm misunderstanding the direction, somehow I haven't blown it up yet running it this way. :-)

Thanks very much. I found today that I did better on 220 with the two large sections. It hit the repeater better on 220 than it did with the bottom and small cap. Thanks again Ron

Quote Originally Posted by KD8COO View Post
    My understanding from reading the manual is that the main section plus tiny stub are good for 2m/220/70cm. Replace the tiny stub with the bigger end for all bands. If I'm misunderstanding the direction, somehow I haven't blown it up yet running it this way. :-)