ad: l-assoc
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov

Default One less antenna!

Today I came out to the Town Car and noticed something missing. My Comet UHV-4 was gone. NO, it didn't get ripped off, it was "RIPPED OFF" by a tree, evidently. The tree caught the spider whips and ripped it right off the mount. Just a small piece of the antenna remains. It was broken off right where the bendover joint was. The Trunk lip mount was also quite bent up from being yanked so hard. So I am off 20-10M until I find another one.

My Hamsticks have a big spring in each. I went into a parking garage once and came out without a hamstick, so the springs save the antennas. But this mount didn't have that option.

Somewhere there is a tree out there with my antenna in it. that is an expensive antenna! Think I have about $150 in it. Scrap metal now.

Antenna manufacturers need to design these for being GORRILLA PROOF! So they will tear the tree off instead of the antenna!
    I love my cats!
    PHOEBE and PENELOPE MEW!

Beautiful Downtown Colorado. (Montrose, SW corner)

Quote Originally Posted by WA6MHZ View Post

Antenna manufacturers need to design these for being GORRILLA PROOF! So they will tear the tree off instead of the antenna!
    Wouldn't work. Someone would just design better Gorillas.

Today I came out to the Town Car and noticed something missing. My Comet UHV-4 was gone. NO, it didn't get ripped off, it was "RIPPED OFF" by a tree, evidently. The tree caught the spider whips and ripped it right off the mount. Just a small piece of the antenna remains. It was broken off right where the bendover joint was. The Trunk lip mount was also quite bent up from being yanked so hard. So I am off 20-10M until I find another one.

My Hamsticks have a big spring in each. I went into a parking garage once and came out without a hamstick, so the springs save the antennas. But this mount didn't have that option.

Somewhere there is a tree out there with my antenna in it. that is an expensive antenna! Think I have about $150 in it. Scrap metal now.

I think your spellchecker made an error - it spelled "tree" when you meant to say "trunk lid".

Or the trunk lid gets torn off.

Antenna manufacturers need to design these for being GORILLA PROOF! So they will tear the tree off instead of the antenna!
    I have one of those antennas.... The tree got caught on my antenna and the next thing you know...

73 de Charles - KC8VWM
    North American QRP CW Club #3159, SKCC# 5752