ad: CQMM-1

HRD Log for Contest

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by VE1PEW, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. VE1PEW

VE1PEW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am wondering if I can get some insight as to how to use the HRD Logging program for the upcoming RAC Winter Contest. My first foray into contesting was in the Fla QSO Party followed by the RAC Canada Day Contest in 2012. For those contests I kept a paper log and manually entered into Cabrillo format for submission (a task I do not wish to replicate). I have HRD up and running and controlling my rig and it would be easy to use the logging software for the contest since it records time, mode, band and freq automatically and I only need to input the power output once if I don't change it throughout the contest. I have hit the Contest button at the top, and RAC Contest is there, but it doesn't allow me to enter the province in the log. Also I can't figure out for the life of me how to copy only a certain portion of the log to cabrillo format for submission. I can copy one or all but it doesn't seem to want me to copy just the days QSO's. I don't want to submit my whole log as many are not from the contest and I would rather not have to copy each individually since that would be almost as arduous as entering the data by hand.

Any help would be appreciated
    73,Paul
    VE1PEW

2. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Paul, save yourself a WHOLE lot of trouble and download N1MM's great contest software HERE! HRD is a great program that I use on a regular basis, but it's not primarily set up for contests, though they are working on getting it to interface with N1MM. In the mean time, N1MM is your answer to all your contesting needs. It already has a gazillion contests set up and will automatically generate Cabrillo files you can then submit.

Once you are done, you can easily export your contest log to an ADIF format file then import that into HRD so you keep all your contest logs in HRD.

..............Bob

3. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

I do all my contest logging using WriteLog. It works VERY well for me. It supports ADIF and Cabrillo (required format when submitting logs for most contests). Along with a multitude of other contests, it supports both RAC contests, Canada Day, and the Winter contest.

4. VE1PEW

VE1PEW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the responses. I will check out those programs. I was hoping HRD would work since it is already configured to work with my radio and I wouldn't have to go through all of that again.

73,Paul
    VE1PEW

5. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

I understand HRD 6.0 includes improved contest logging support. If you paid for support, ask them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.