ad: l-assoc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov

Quote Originally Posted by N4UP View Post
    Was on and off for a total of 10 hours and 161 QSOs and lots of multipliers, mostly on CW. First day was a struggle with high noise levels ( indoor rotatable dipole ), but the second day was much better, although hard to find not-already-worked stations. I never called CQ due to the noise levels ( my indoor antenna is better at transmitting than receiving ).
    I worked you yesterday on 10m CW. You called me.

Not that I was in the contest, I was just having fun.
    What if soy milk is just regular milk introducing itself in Spanish?

Quote Originally Posted by WB2WIK View Post
    I worked you yesterday on 10m CW. You called me.

Not that I was in the contest, I was just having fun.
    Indeed, thank you. I was also just having fun, mostly "catching" fifteen new prefixes. My indoor rotatable multi-band dipole does so much better on 15 meters, so it was nice to work some folks on 10 meters.

You are only the second person I have encountered in the QRZ forums who I have actually worked on the air, in the eight months I have been back.
    73, Peter, N4UP

Exercised my new 10 meters horizontal loop (up 5 meters) with 100W using pipeline to SA – from Houston. Worked everybody I heard.
    Did not encounter ANY “QSL?” from anybody, nice and polite bunch these SA OM's.
    Most contacts were confirmed with “thanks for Texas”.
    Did not realize that “nr?” = “ your state (please)? ” on CW HI HI HI

Thanks to everyone for the posts through the event. It wasn't as good as being on the air, of course, but kept me in the current. I tried a few times to listen through some online remote RX's, but heard only QRN--timing, I guess. Damn, I miss my radios!
    Steve

If you have to worry about the cost of HF e-mail, you can't afford the boat.

CW: The mode that accomplishes the most with the least circuitry, the least spectrum, and the least power.

What hath God wrought?
    He hath wrought that pounding brass still kicks .- ... ...

If you think it was tough from the US, being right in the middle of all of those mults, you should try it from ZL! (my contest call is ZM1G).

Worked 12 hrs. A few weak openings to JA. Very little to EU, XE or SA. Nothing to AF. One mediocre / on-and-off opening to the US from around 1900Z to 2400Z on Sunday. I ended up with 42 US states (including AK, HI and DC) and one or two new DXCCs, 391 Q's, 82 mults, 64,124 points. In spite of the generally poor condx, there were a couple of interesting Q's: EA (antipodes for ZL; unusual on 10m), some from JA with strong echoes (SP+LP), a few long path, and one with 11W to GA, when I forgot to turn on my amp. As someone above mentioned, several of the SA stations I heard had serial numbers in the thousands.

Not as exciting as when the propagation is good, but it still had its moments and was worth 12 hours in the chair.

Quote Originally Posted by ZL2HAM View Post
    If you think it was tough from the US, being right in the middle of all of those mults, you should try it from ZL! (my contest call is ZM1G).

Worked 12 hrs. A few weak openings to JA. Very little to EU, XE or SA. Nothing to AF. One mediocre / on-and-off opening to the US from around 1900Z to 2400Z on Sunday. I ended up with 42 US states (including AK, HI and DC) and one or two new DXCCs, 391 Q's, 82 mults, 64,124 points. In spite of the generally poor condx, there were a couple of interesting Q's: EA (antipodes for ZL; unusual on 10m), some from JA with strong echoes (SP+LP), a few long path, and one with 11W to GA, when I forgot to turn on my amp. As someone above mentioned, several of the SA stations I heard had serial numbers in the thousands.

Not as exciting as when the propagation is good, but it still had its moments and was worth 12 hours in the chair.
    TU QSO! My call was WR9D. We worked about 1916z on the 9th. Interesting about the long path QSO's from ZL. Looks like there was wonderful long path openings all over the world. BD7LMD, XV1, VR2 etc were all banging in both mornings long path into most of USA. EU hams noted the same LP openings. A45XR also worked long path Sunday morning. Who would've though the LP openings would be better than normal direct f2 condx?

Ocean Springs, MS (often portable from Moss Point)

N8CPA:

I absolutely know where you are coming from!

Default difficult contest

Was not a good contest, but score was decent.

KX1G was a multi operating high power. Three ops, two of us had the flu, so at times it was 2 ops or even 1 op.

I personally slept through half the contest and an still getting over it.

We had 516 Qs, 159 mults, 263,304 points. This is half the Qs and 1/3 the points we had last year, and we worked twice as hard to get it. Really had to dig them out. No runs of any kind. (Last year we had a run of 300 SSB contacts Sunday morning, and a few shorter runs. This year our top run was maybe 5).

Used a hex at 40 feet.

I think we worked 4 european stations the whole weekend.
    Tony DiCenzo
    KX1G
    [email]Kx1g@arrl.net[/email]

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12